Friday, October 5, 2018

Personal - Traditional Chinese Medicine Visit

Hi Blog,

My lump issue, I asked myself - what can I learn and reflect from this situation? So today I decided to seek for TCM treatment, and lucky that our school leader allowed me to take time-off in the afternoon to visit the doctor. Oh yes, also had to thank my auntie for queuing for number slot.

Singapore Chung Hwa Medical Institution - a place where establish academic TCM, develop talents in TCM, improve TCM standards, increase free medical consultations, in order to contribute to society, and unite colleagues to the common TCM cause, resulting in mutual benefit. Great vision and mission!
I went down to Chung Hwa Medical Institution (link), and this was my first time visit this place. I know this place since young but I have never stepped in at all.

Beloved Spider told me to look out for a doctor named Chan Teo Wah, she claimed he is a humble and skillful practitioner especially acupuncture.

Based on his time slot, he only comes in on Monday and Friday 1:30pm - 5pm, and Saturday 7pm - 9pm. But he will only do acupuncture on Friday.
So allowed to take time-off to visit a TCM is a blessing from school leader. Thank you.

Don't know whether is this the only entrance, but just walk in.
One thing that attracts me the most, is this circular staircase.
I believe non-Chinese people will be lost in this realm.
OKAY! My number was called, then I went in and saw a soft-spoken elderly with a young assistant. I explained my lump and he said it is a very common sickness. He asked my dietary and daily activities, then he proceeded to check my left wrist pulse and commented, "Do I tend to have explosive and temperamental emotions?" Deep in my mind, I agreed with him - I am very frustrated and upset when people judge me without even understanding; like a boiling kettle and the stream has no where to release. At the same time, I also feel extreme low self-esteem... then depress...

Then he checked my right wrist pulse, and commented, "Weird... how come the pulse in this wrist tells him that I am a calm and peaceful person? Like two different characters in a body... That's strange." Deep in my mind, I was happy to know that I have been trying to tag on my quiet and chill side, to manage my negativity. Without that chill and peaceful me, I will suffer depression.

Dr Chan said that I am also working/living under a stressful environment, so what is my stress come from? I reflected, the only stress that I can think of is financial stress; now I am budgeting myself... I dare not spend money at all... Even on food too.

Next, he added in some of my health issues - unhealthy stomach and insufficient of sleeping hours. He demanded that I have to sleep early and don't eat too full. I said to myself - that is what I have been trying to do, eat less and try to sleep enough, but not enough. Hahahaha...

He also highlighted that I should not engage in running activity until my lump subsides completely. Main thing is to make sure I relax and calm at all times. So he proceeded onto acupuncture.


The black arrows showed the location (if I got it correctly) of where he placed the fine needles. believe me... that is the NUMBEST acupuncture that I have ever experienced. Based on the link, the numbness is good for me so hope I will recover sooner.
Funny thing that he added a comment, "Whatever grudges or unhappiness or unsettled issues, just learn to put it down." I felt like Heaven is talking to me. I know I have bad past... when people keep on unrooting whatever I want to root (believe in or value that I wish to build/treasure). I guess that is my homework - I will continue where I have started.

Thank you Dr Chan.
Collected the pills and affordable price. :) Thank you Auntie for queuing for me. Thank you Mr Chan for treating me. Thank you Heaven for taking care of me.
I will be better. :)

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog