Sunday, August 12, 2018

Hiking - Spend My Long Weekend

Hi Blog,

This week was an exciting one because it was a long weekend for me, which also mean... HIKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, before I got any excited, I have some friends who want to visit Tree Top Walk so I decided to spend my morning especially long weekend to accompany them. :) Time spent on friends will be great but I also feel bad for some who want to meet me for food or catch-up... But the night/evening time is slightly impossible... Anyway back to the topic.

On National Day 09/08/2018, Boo wanted to try for the second round to Tree-Top walk, so let's go!
Have you seen the swollen lump on my neck? I hope it will be subsided...
Waiting for Boo at the Marymount Station
I realised that people gave me an awkward stare at me... Oh well... What can I do but to accept my incompetent?
(Boo's photo) Thank you Boo for helping me to capture this shot which I always wanted to have.
(Boo's photo) Who am I waiting for in life? It is like an endless tunnel, the only thing is to move towards the light and I will get the answer.
During National Day, the whole MacRichie was filled with visitors!
Look at the queue at the Tree-Top!
It was like waiting to enter a cheap haunted house
We queue for nearly 30mins.
Honestly... This was my first time to have to queue for Tree-Top Walk. I guessed it is a good sign to see families wanted to visit this place with their young ones.
(Boo's photo) Finally, we had arrived and quickly ended this queue whereas people were staring at me...
Insert Jurassic Park Theme Music again :)
(Boo's photo) Great to have a shoot of me at Tree-Top Walk finally. :) Thank you Boo.
(Boo's photo) Boo tried hard to conquer the stairs. Jia you, Boo. I am waiting for you.
Today hike with Boo who was at my right side, Boo was trying to conquer his challenges.
Especially these flight of stairs.
I learn that everyone has their own life challenge, and I have mine too. At least, one courageous thing that I do, is to manage my own life challenge than letting it grow wild. Perhaps it is not perfect as what others will see/expect, but to me, it is a big important I took to improve. Just like Boo, his health-challenge is the flight of stairs which causes breathlessness, but at least he did. That is encouraging. :)
Weird thing about this flight of stairs is that today supposed to be crowded but after we got down from the stairs, there was no one behind us at all.
(Boo's photo) Maybe it is a sign for me to do a superhero victory pose. Yes! I can do it!
Boo spotted this interesting caterpillar! It is a Tussock Moth Caterpillar. You can read more about it here.
This caterpillar lets me reflected upon myself. It may seem rare to bump to this whereas everyone will always have an impression on how a caterpillar SHOULD look like. But this fact, it is quite common to have caterpillar display different kind of surviving strategy. If it listens and follows how others perceive the ideal outlook of a caterpillar, then it might not survive in this harsh environment. All we can do is to accept and embrace the difference; be unique and not as an individual self-identity person, but a person who can stand on his feet to face all odds. Okay, I am talking rubbish now. HAHAHAHA
My National Day, I just stayed at home chill with my PS4.
Great hike for the day!
The next day, it didn't stop me from going for another hike again.
On 10/08/2018, Uncle E wanted to know the route to Tree-Top walk, so I decided to bring him again. As you can see, there wasn't any crowd.
There was no queue at the Tree-Top Walk entrance! Nice and Quiet!
Look at the peacefulness on the bridge.
I wanted to try a different route after Tree-Top walk, and noticed some family members followed our unusual route.
We waited for the family to approach and ensured they know their route than lost.
Trying to get some pictures for today blog post so lucky, Uncle E doesn't mind I take photo of myself awkwardly.
Spotted some weird and unique shape mushroom cap which I can't find it online.
At least it was the farthest hike I did for August. HAHAHAHA!
So... Did I stop hiking? My waifu is really mad at me!
On 11/08/2018, K wanted to work out so... I can't reject him because he will get very jumpy if I fly his kite or then keep on commenting that I am fitter than him sarcastically.
When will my swollen neck subside... :(
I just hope it is not a serious one...
K decided to take a different route to Bukit Timah and I glad that he did - at least, the sky was a beauty.
It has been a while since I came here.
Oops... K walked too far away. He isn't the fan for picture.
Let's try this path.
I guess... I am not a good model for a picture that K just heck care.
Flight of stairs again.
Hi! Tree Log. You have a nose this round!
Smile!
Something on the tree, do you know what is it? :)
K and I decided to do a quick hike and we managed to do it. :) Best in 2018!
On 12/08/2018, I just came for a relaxing swim in my grey trunk. Do you like this colour than white? Honestly, I am still like white. :)
What a way to spend for a long weekend!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog