Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hiking - Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

Hi Blog,

I always wanted to visit Sungei Buloh Wetland (link) a long time. Oh yeah, by the way, you can read one of recommended blogger, Wayne detailed write-up (link). Okay back to the topic, but Since no one can make it for today hiking, then I decided to explore it myself.


First stop, is to alight at Kranji Mrt Station...
Then I saw a sign saying this (below)

Ooooo! There is a free shutter bus to Sungei Buloh!
I thought I will need to walk there.
Okay! here are the timing beside to Sungei Buloh, it also travel to other farms.
So.... This is the place to wait for the bus - berth 3.
But.... I found something at the pillar.


WHAT! $3?! I thought it will be a free shutter. To think again.... The farms at such remote zone hardly earn enough, so if allow the shutter bus to ride for free is a bit too much to ask. I believe the farms are also chip in the cost. but.............................. I will either walk in or take bus.

It seemed like the bus come in time. Let's take bus!
After 10 mins bus ride, after you see a beautiful reservoir on your left and Malaysia JB on your right over the bridge, you will alight at the bus stop and walked in.

Nice weather!
Took off my top and ready to walk in.
Oh man! My bag clip blocking it.
Nice and warm weather :)
A map of Sungei Buloh Wetland
It may seem like a big place but in fact, it is n
Walking in to the visitor center.
Ahhh.... I didn't visit the visitor center to read more about the wetland...
I scared I don't have time to walk around.
So.... let's selfie! Next time I will visit the visitor center.
Strolling
Set! I leave my image here, I will claim it back in my next visit.
let's go!
Clean and quiet place - seemed safe :)
Oh my! :D Spotted something cute!
Mudskippers! A very interesting fish which can walk with their fins.
Little Heron Deck - What a weird name. HAHAHA
I found this sign here - Watch Out for Crocodile. you meant there is crocodile around?!
As what the signal said, I found a crocodile laying at the corner, can you spot it?
Now can you see it?
Seriously I thought it will be cloudy day but it turned out great!
Shall we continue somemore?
Some plants fell down... Fortunately it isn't the size of a big tree at Botanic Garden injured a few people.
Hope it won't happen again.
Fantail Pod - One of the viewing 
What an interesting structure :)
Calm water between Singapore and Malaysia
Prepare to swim over? Jeff
You must be kidding me!
Pay me million, I won't even do so.
Look up view from inside of Fantail Pod - One interesting feature is how it has different length instead of cover up, because it will allow more sunlight to shine at certain timing to light up inside the pod.
On top the pod
Quite an awesome view outside the top of the pod.
Walking in to Eagle Point.
This place is very well maintain - clean and structured.
Check out the mangroves up-close.
Eagle Point - Looking out at different view
Viewing the source of water interact with Sungei Buloh Wetland - Sea mixed with fresh water.
Did you notice there are sticks fencing the area? You know why?
Protect the mangroves?
I guess it might be served as a prevention for the crocodiles to rest here, what do you think?
Now we are looking at different zones of mangroves
This is one of the mid zone of mangroves
Lumnitzera Walk - A short bridge to view the growth of mangroves
Nature is so amazing!
Mangroves area living condition is quite extreme -
will change it's condition from wet to dry within hours.
Living things which live there, had adopted the changes, and become adaptable and flexible.

Another root system of mangroves; another different growth zone.
Even near the store.
Musang Hut - A platform to view high tide swamp
It seemed like the crocodile is an issue here.
The clouds were holding a pearl.
Kindfisher Pod - I didn't go up there, should be the same thing
but it will be closer to the top of the trees to view birds.
AH! Something interesting here! This place is 'Mud Experience' area.
where you can walk on the wetzone to experience the tide changes time to time,
but it was too wet for me to walk over... So I just stayed at on dryland.
So let walk on this platform
Better and dry :)
Walking in to Wetland Centre
Very educational panels to learn about Sungei Buloh.
I shall not do much sharing on that, you go there and discover it yourself! XD
I marked my achievement book - unlocked.
hmmmm... why am I alone? :(
I spotted a beautiful painted rock - if there is paint around, I will colour one for myself. 
BLOOM!
We had come to the main bridge of Sungei Buloh - between Sungei Buloh Besar
This place which currently showing high tide, it will look different when it is low tide.
hello squirrel!
I took left turn from Main Hide.
There are many Bird Observation Hides around Buloh Tidal Ponds.
Looking and searching for birds
hmmmmm.... 
Nothing! Hahaha a binoculars will be useful here.
This is a good place to chill with friends.
but.... I was alone....
Just enjoy the sight of water flow and let my feeling flow along.
Shhhh..... Don't tell anyone.
Chin up bar here? Hahahah... No... this is err... I don't know why this structure doing here. Just embrace the nature!
Aerie Tower
Spacious and windy here
Overview outside the tower - you can see drier part of the pond
I took a short nap here. (this picture looked like I was in nowhere land)

Time to wake up, if not I might sleep until 7pm where it will close!
It was about time to leave this place, it seemed like the water was getting higher.
Usually if a plant is going through such submerge will die faster,
but these plants at mangrove had adapted well.

Nerite Snails - isn't it cute? :3
A swamp fly was observing me while I was observing it.
Can you spot the Tree-climbing Crab and an Archerfish?
Golden Orb Web Spider is everywhere. Cute. :D
More Archerfishes!
Just when I had finished the visit, storm came and telling me to leave that place.
Wore back my tee and left the place asap on bus.
I will visit that place again. :) next time I will come back to claim my 'image' at the visitor centre and with friends. See you again, Sungei Buloh!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog