Monday, August 10, 2015

Personal - Long Weekend Holiday Break

Hey Blog,

On 9th of August, Singapore will be celebrating its 50th National Day and this year is a special one. We have two extra days for weekend from Friday to Monday - It is a good break for many people. On top of the joy of long weekend, to celebrate SG50, during those days 7 - 10 August, there are 50% Sale, FREE entry for museums, 50% discount for certain places - Garden by the Bay, Zoo Safari, Botanic Garden etc, FREE usage of swimming pool, and MOST importantly - FREE RIDE for buses and trains!

Huh? yes, Blog. How did I spend those days?

Hmmmm, I spent those days mainly on catching up with people. 

On Friday, 7th Aug 2015, Morning until evening I attended a spiritual cultivation class, then evening I rode my Blackie, Fat bike with Xuanyi. Initially, we decided to cycle to Changi for late dinner but I noticed it will be too tiring for Xuanyi - as he started cycling from Sembanwang (where he left his bicycle) and cycled back to Punggol. So I cycled with him and showed him the way of park connector to his new house.

Xuanyi was keen to prepare dinner for us, so he prepared this. :) those were nice. :D then watched Iron-man 3 at his place, then cycled home by midnight. 


Tired legs...

Saturday 8th Aug 2015 - Due to tired feet. I slept until afternoon, but I got up to meet up my ex-pupil - Zhenghui. We met up at Tampiness to have a face-to-face talk regarding his doubt and worries on certain issues. I was glad after the sharing, he decides to face his challenges again. :) I didn't take any picture that day as it was getting late. So I stayed over at Alvin's place because the next morning, I have other plans.

Sunday 9th Aug 2015, I woke up early to meet Mr Fox for free swimming session at tampiness swimming pool. Surprisingly, despite of free entry, the pool is 80% empty! 


Next stop, Mr Fox and I took the FREE train ride to City area to meet up XuanYi - we had a movie session and visit to National Museum - boring place............ Then rushed back home before NDP started. Watching NDP show with my mother.

Monday 10th Aug 2015, the swimming pools were still allowed free entry! yippee!!

Just some random inspiration after seeing so many mushrooms "house' . home is temporary (it won't last forever like mushroom - short life span) but we have to treasure the moment when it is there to shelter us. 

Now Singapore is moving onto 51st, Singapore safety and future, we must not take it for granted. Singapore is a home for everyone. So afternoon time, my family members decided to go to Kallang Wave for a shopping trip.

Selfie :D
With my sister
With my auntie
With my brother
With my mother
Eventually.... we shopped NTUC..... and purchased some groceries which hit nearly $900 of grocery........ 


WELL DONE! Here is how I had spent my long weekend. Sometimes how I wish I can travel during this time.... Well.... Spending quality time with family and friends are also worth, don't you think so?

Jeff

2 comments:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog