Friday, April 6, 2018

Food - Durian Craze within a Week

Hi Blog,

Previously after mid of 2017 (link), eating durian can make our pocket feels all kind of emotions; the price for per durian especially the king of durians - Mao Shan Wang's price will range from $25-32 per kg. Not many Singaporean will want to spend so much on durians except the rich; beside having a sliver spoon in their throat, they have expensive MSW cream on their lips.

Durian durian durian!
Due to good weather pattern during beginning of 2018, caused the 'explosion' of durians, reduce the stock price of durian to $12-20 per kg for MSW! (link) That also meant many durian lovers will gather to fill their stomach and the air with 'wonderful' aroma.

The Prince Prince
On 2nd April 2018, my army friends demanded me to meet up for durian fest. Even though, I won't want to spend money but just met up for a short while.
We decided to have durian-fest at the Durian Prince - one of my trustworthy and affordable stall ever. (link) Below are some of the things why we picked the Durian Prince.
Durian Prince gives customers great service and provide salt (for drinking to reduce the heatness from the durian.) and drinks for free.
I tasted some durians with a darker seed, but it looked rather taste-damaging... So the kind staff exchanged a new replacement.
I noticed one thing - usually we will think twice towards tattoo-ed people but they can be a truthful and sincere people too; we should not be judgmental based on it's cover.
This is Durian 101. I asked the staff how to identify durian type. He shared his knowledge on how he identifies durian. As for 101, It has a slightly longer and pointy thorns than other durians.
After trying out the other durians, we kept the finisher - MSW and just check it out!
With my army friends - A and J, a durian treat for A. I guess there are time when I need to treat my friends since the stock price is low.
Check out the seed comparison - MSW wins!
The Durian Prince's new namecard. :) Nice and cute design.
========================================
Lian Hua Chun Fruits
On 6th Apr 2018, EK gathered most of our friends to have a durian fest at Lian Hua Chun Fruit (link) before going to Ipoh.
LHCF also offers customer free drinks and plastic gloves; they also sell mangonsteen and coconut to cool down the heat and smell of durian. 
At LHCF, EK suggested that we should just have our durians from boxes because they just opened those, so that everyone can have a fair share of durians.
Smile everyone :)
Typical namecard from LHCF - they are one of the traditional and honest sellers in the market which you barely meet these days. Do visit them and find out yourself. :)
Okay... I was so full... and going to take coach to Ipoh... I guessed they will have to smell the aroma from my stomach. WAHAHAHA!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog