Saturday, April 7, 2018

Personal - Short Trip to Ipoh

Hi Blog,

Many many years ago, I visited Ipoh once every three months for years (hmmm, roughly four-five years) when I was young. I was there to help out, home-visit, do sharing and be 'educated'. We made a long good relationship with the people, but due to some changes, we had to stop going there... And it had being nearly seven years or more, we promised them that we will visit them but we didn't; so I decided to stop thinking and finding perfect timing, just go ahead!

I got EK to join me and took the cheapest route to travel to Ipoh. Thanks EK for helping me to book the coach and arrangement.
Here was our short summary of our nostalgic trip to Ipoh during the weekend.
We always remembered sitting on a coach for 7 hours + to arrive to Ipoh - a small place where we used to chat and exchange our life experience corner; one of the 'noisy' passengers.
When we arrived to Ipoh, we were greeted a familiar face - ZK, he used to be a young kid to teen. Now he had grown up and picked us for a breakfast meal.

Here is ZK, he claimed we are the luckiest people because we are his first passenger after he got his license.
ZK still remembered our favourite breakfast in Ipoh - Java Noodle 爪瓦面. You could visit that small humble place if you have a chance. (google map here)

Just look at the heavenly Java Noodle! I JUST WIPED IT CLEAN! When I was younger, I will take three plates!
Because we were early to check in (honestly... it was weird, usually we could have checked in after 11am, but the hotel claimed we can only check in after 3pm) so we decided to fulfill one promise which we made many years ago - have a karaoke session together! (post link)

After two hours of singing session, our reward was a sore throat. Hahaha! We were still early to check in, so we decided to go for a shopping trip.

How? Do you like my new spec? I thought I could get a new spec but because the lenses that I have is not a cheap lens, and the total cost for making a new spec will be RM$666. Sigh... Poor man cannot pick but can dream.
It was about time to check in, this was the hotel which EK recommended, near a shopping mall and many vegetarian stalls. (post link)

It seemed like we have to run to the hotel, rain was coming!
We were surprised to learn that we will bump to someone birth date and had a birthday celebration together. :D with two cute sons, I can only feel that I am old.
After celebration, we had a good nice long chat-chit session with SM until 2am - we exchanged sharing, encouragement and words of advice. :) Great catch-up session indeed!

In the next morning, SM fetched us for a breakfast and bus terminal.

Nice Assam Laksa at Ipoh. Thumb up!
On our way back and carrying memories back to Singapore.
We will be back again.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog