Monday, December 26, 2016

Hiking - Southern Ridges Walk and Haw Par Villa

Hi Blog,

Southern Ridges is one of the place which I had visited but no actual record for my blog, so I decided to bring them to you. It is a special trail which connects park to park. (read up more
Let's GO! my ex-students met me at Habourfront Station and exited from exit D.

Our first starting point at the foot of Marang Trail
We climbed up a few flights of stairs
Finally got to the top of Mount Faber Park
Weird thing about Singapore is,
usually other countries have beautiful landscape like mountains or ocean to view,
but in Singapore.... we see buildings....
Ah! Wefie is a must!
Wearing my trisuit and top with a t-shirt...
I don't want to make others feel disgusted by my attire...
anyway... Ring a dell for better world and trip
Since we climbed up, and now we had to climb down
AH! Our first bridge - Henderson Wave 
I love the "smooth" texture bridge, wanted to lay on it but... no one helps me to take picture. Hahaha
Perspective makes it look satisfying.
Looked like... Cool weather today
Good place to chill and it will look even COOLER at night :)
Okay! Let's head up to Hilltop Walk
Another Bridge at Telok Blangah Hill Park
It was like visiting Tree Top Walk.
It is also  named as Forest Walk.
It is quite a sight to view at and length.
Here is Alexandra Arc
and we reached my favourite HortPark.
Sigh....... I wished I can stay here and careful document the HortPark than passing by....
Oh well... at least admiring the artwork whatever I can, like this two ladybugs!
I wanted to visit a Edible Garden but... bye bye....
WAH! Glasshouse Garden! they are locked......
Okay! I have not been here before, we were going up to Canopy Walk.
Like Tree Top Walk :D but more up close the trees
Half way we needed to exit from walk and headed on to Haw Par Villa (read more) which is just nearby, purpose was to bring the kids to introduce the stages of Hell and receed the place.

Haw par villa is also known as Tiger Balm Gardens, which is named after brothers Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, and a place where displays many statues depicting scenes from Chinese folklore.

Our last wefie for the day
That place does look quiet.. and not many visitors...
as they are still under contruction. Hope they can finish it sooner...
10 Stages of Hell is surely an interesting feature, it does leave some impact in their mind include mine.
Hope they will remember or the seeds will sprout one day.
Sumo Wrestlers with a Fat wrestler
It seemed like we didn't walk that long though.
Hahahah... No kick!
At least during the trip, I managed to find a beautiful camouflaged pupa
And a cool spider :D
I think it really depend who do you go on the hike with, if you need to observe and learn about the trip, then best to get someone who share the same interest with. If not, better go on your own.

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Let me here if I'm going to SG. You should promise me. Ahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog