Sunday, October 15, 2023

Personal - Bone Marrow Donor Carnival Cosplay

Hi Blog,

Yes, today was another chance to volunteer to do another cosplay event. Wow, it was like once a month. Haha... I feel great that I can help out with the event and fully utilize my costume.

Oh mine, I forgot to bring my camera along... But I doubt I will be able to use it anyway. Thank goodness that I managed to get some photos taken during the event. (Credit Aya) My shield is so beautiful :3 shiny and impactful.
Today's event was Bone Narrow organisation's invitation to Pause For The Cause organisation's cosplayers to boost the event in their superhero costumes. I didn't read up or interact with what was this event for, a bit regretful.

Managed to get some screenshots of an IG video shared before decided to utilise the screen record function (Credit Mai) Before the start of my time slot, we just gathered and chilled. I realised that I couldn't dress up as Cap without any help from others. Thanks, D who always looks out for me on events in which I can participate. Based on Mai, was so confused about D and me, as he looked doppelganger of me. I will say he is the well-doing version of me - loaded, married, and passionate; I am just the opposite - poor, single unwanted, and needing a bit of push.
(Credit Organiser) This carnival was held for two days - 14th and 15th. I only took up the last session second shift because after a few experiences cosplaying, I knew that I couldn't do it for long hours... especially in an open, non-air conditioning place... I will sweat heavily.
(Credit Aya) Before my costume was soaked by my sweat. Let's take a picture!
(Credit Aya) Thank you PFAC for this opportunity.
(Credit D) Because mine was the last shift, only had a Blue Ranger (Aloy) cosplaying with me.
(Credit D) The funny thing was... When I was drafting my blog post, when I looked at her sign, BMDP... I was liked... hmm... Bone Narrow Donor P... Oh, wait... Why 'M'? Then I realised... I had been misspelled Marrow to Narrow...
Here are some screenshots of when I told some of my friends that I would be cosplaying. Seriously... I have a long collection of words that I misspell all the time. Perhaps I can make a personal post about my days (I have difficulty in spelling when I want to spell the word dyslexia)
(Credit D and Aya) I don't have many pictures taken during the event because not many people around this hall.
(Credit D) But I would try my best to pose for them. Hmm... It seemed like my belt was in a weird place... Like it didn't hold my top shirt's back properly. I will need to find a way to clip on my belt.
(Credit D) They also got a volunteer Magician to do street magic. He told us that he was also "cosplaying" like us. (To dress up differently) Funny young chap. (He is 30 years old and was shocked to know my age. Hahaha... I guess I am a magic to him.)
(Credit Mai) Since I couldn't see clearly and not many people were around, I went and snacked an ice cream and chilled.
(Credit Aya) We were just having fun, doing nothing than poses.
(Credit Aya) And doing pointless stunts by waving like the tubes.
(Credit Mai) Or caressing the tube as if it is my GF.
(Credit Mai) Or had a mass tube dance.
(Credit D) Thank M for coming down with her niece (as she stays nearby) to support me and the event. I remember in May 2022, I went to her birthday party as Cap, that time without a helmet. Then M and my sister bought me that helmet and now, I am a complete set! 😆
I asked D why not try out new poses and we looked through the possible poses of Captain. After googled and decided to try... 
(Credit D and Aya) ...I got a shxt pose. I guessed that I was too embarrassed to check as I didn't have my glasses and it was challenging when there were people around judging me. Hahaha. I will want to try again next time.
2nd pose and it looks heroic.
(Credit D) Hmm... It looked like I didn't do it right again.
I did some Photoshop but not dramatic enough.
(Credit Aya) Captured at the lower angle which was perfect!
Which I can make some crazy artwork. (I was testing out some AI tools in Photoshop.)
Updated on 6th Nov 2023 (Credit Aya) Thanks Aya for using Ai tool to create these for me. So sweet of her. I really love these so much.
For the 3rd pose, they thought that I could try this.
(Credit D and Aya) But because I was blind, couldn't see properly and pretended I could do it... but I didn't do it well again...
(Credit D) But D made this for me. Hahaha... Thanks for making this :)
(Credit Aloy, D and Aya) I decided to replace my face with a mask and the mask just made it better. I guessed it was my face issue. Hahaha.
Even Blue Ranger held on my shield, the vibe was way better than me.
Looked so cool! :D What a fusion!
Overall, I was glad that I can cosplay as much as I can. Once my figure and age catch up... I doubt I can cosplay as my favourite character anymore... So I shall enjoy it for now.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog