Saturday, September 12, 2020

Trip - Science Centre Visit

Hi Blog,

Today will be my nostalgic trip and I was going to the Science Centre! I invited some of my friends like ZN and Xy, both of them have not been to the Science Centre at all. Like ZN he is a Malaysian and XY was in Brazil since he was very young.

Now traveling to Jurong is a bliss unlike last time, it takes an hour + to get there from my location.
Keeping my hairs dry and soft but...
RAINING!!!!!!
Anyway... Rain won't spoil my mood for now, because Covid19 had already hit and gave the worst.
Why am I deciding to go to Science Centre? Because I received an email saying that we can redeem a free science centre ticket as a MOE staff. So I told myself, why not I give myself a chance to try to get a free ticket and ask some of my friends to share the total ticket payment. But I realised that it was fully redeemed already but the tickets for Singaporean/PR will have a discount. Oh well, let's go and explore!

I remembered Science Centre was an EPIC and fun place for me to visit.
If it was not raining, the kinetic garden will be a new thing for me
Ooooo! it looks so good on the phone than our vision. You can try to look at that dog with one eye.
Time to enter Science Centre. Due to Covid, they limited the number of visitors which is a good thing but only limited by given time slot. So let don't waste time and get into the queue.

To me, Science Centre is like a discovery centre + eye trick museum. A lot of fun and learning experience. In Science Centre, there are a few halls which have different sections and displays. I don't go in-depth sharing of Science Centre layout as we were limited by time. So I will just show you some interesting displays below.

At our first hall (entrance), it is...

The First section - The Mind's Eye
This golden distorted structure (it was a hand in distortion) is the first thing to cover the other displays which can be seen at the entrance
More staring dogs
Did you see anything else? :)
This one is a common and amazing trick
Open and close, close and open
This one is the only one which I just can't give myself a GOOD reason to explain how it works. My favourite picture.
Did you see his arm bend? I can't. hahaha
I thought of making this looping but this section got crowded with visitors and got disturbed by the incoming curious kid for the shot
Looks like Eye-trick museum, right? Hahaha. Honestly, I have not visited Eye-trick museum at all. Will go there one day.
Beautiful amazing display
which moves by flicking light
Great to be part of the illusions - Sitting on a big chair and ghosting-playing a piano :D
Anyway, it was crowded at Mind's Eye section, let's move to the next one!

We had come to Atrium where there is re-living Tesla's experiments but too bad, the show was cancelled due to whatever reason and let's move to Hall A
If I have iron dust and a lot of magnets, and have time, I will make one like this. :D So cute and amazing.
Watching them dancing :D
Hall A where has something which attracts our attention and new
Yes! It is a Professor Crackitt's Light Fantastic Mirror Maze
Are we ready for the maze? have to queue like going to USS
One difficult shot to take, Thanks ZN for helping
At this place, this is my first experience to stare at the mirror without a reflection of yourself. Overall - We had a great time in this maze and if without a sponge-stick in our hands to hit the mirror, and challenged to complete within a time frame, I doubt we will be able to get out there.
The same concept of flicking light and movement, makes it animated.
Nice colour separation effect and very graphical
We don't know what we were doing. HAHAHA - Shadow playing I guessed
AH! To the next hall at the Annexe Foyer, there stands a T-rex bones! I have been looking for this. I thought it was displayed right at the entrance. I guess moving in, si the wise choice.
oooh! Something new in Science Centre - Knowing your Poo. Interesting things to learn.
I am the King of Poo!
A simple daily life has so much thought and study which we just brushed it through. Without the study and mechanic of how things work, we won't be benefiting from what we are right now. Learn to appreciate how much we have covered so far.
Another new section - Phobia - Science of Fear at Hall B. Interesting! it has a lot of displays and information about phobia and what is yours? Mine is Eye. Any sharp objects point directly to the eye. NOOOOOOO!
And Like to be chained but don't like torture!
Inside the Phobia section, they have a few simple booths for different phobia types.

Like this one, Coulrophobia - fear of clowns. Who scares of clown? I don't. Hahaha
Personally, I like this section and hope they can have more samples of certain phobias than just one small spot on certain phobias but overall, it is nice. Looked like we were going on a Halloween Night tour.

Hall C - Experiential Environments. Nothing much to comment on, hope they can develop more than just a projection display.
Trying to make it "organic"
At least they tried :)
Due to we were given certain time slot to visit Science Centre 2pm to 5pm. We can't complete everything within three hours so the last few mins/timing, we were simply touch and go than experience it. But at least for the first time visitor like ZN and XY, they enjoyed the whole trip.

For anyone who might be reading or want to visit Science Centre. My advice for you is - Right after you entered the entrance, go deeper and explore other Halls first than covering the hall at the entrance where everyone is trying to interact with (Packed at the entrance). And go for those places where I had shared above like - Professor Crackitt's Light Fantastic Mirror Maze and Phobia - Science of Fear, these places you need to queue. At least, you cover that first to have fun in peace before the crowds started to load.

Let me know your experience!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog