Good morning, Blog,
Am I ready to push myself further? Tired - Yes. Moody - Halve. Positive - Trying. Today I planned to go for a hike, and ZN stayed near me at all times, ready to go for a hike.
 |
| Take it as an opportunity to push myself forward. |
Okay! ZN knocked at my door. Let's go! Let's bring him to visit some quarries which he has not visited before. So let's bring him around.
 |
| ZN wanted to have breakfast before going on a hike. For me... I just don't take breakfast as I am planning to go on 16 hours fasting for three months. Hope it works well for me. |
What do you mean by 16 hours fasting?
Have you heard about
16/8 intermittent fasting?
Intermittent fasting involves daily fasting for 16 hours. Sometimes this is also referred to as an 8-hour eating 'window. You eat all your meals within an 8-hour time period and fast for the remaining 16 hours.
From what I had read, I can drink water during the fasting. :) From what I see, as long as NO MORE FOOD after dinner, sipping water is the way to go. As for breakfast, usually I have been skipping my breakfast (no time for it), and I don't drink water that frequently, as I'm too focused on work. So I can go on a water diet in the morning until 12pm, then from 12 to 8pm, will be my normal. After 8pm, back to drinking water. My daily workout as usual. Sounds like a plan. :D Let's see whether I can maintain for another three more months.
Back to title, Thanks ZN, he will be helping me to take pictures. Thanks for helping and in exchange, I will do it for him.
 |
| First shot and first time of a shot of me at the platform. |
 |
| Usually I will go back home from this station after the quarry visit, but today I did it in reverse. |
 |
| Yes :) Rocks with names. I will post one about Rocks with name next month. |
|
|
| Yes! Finally, complete the last rock for my rock with names collection. If anyone of you knows some which I missed out, please let me know. |
 |
| A shot of Singapore history foundation/resource. Without these, there won't have any tall building. |
 |
| Good morning Meow meow. Nice to have you posing for the picture. :) |
 |
| Hmm... it got fenced up... Why why why |
 |
| Hi Little Guilin Quarry :) Long time no see. |
 |
| So calm here. :) |
 |
| Glad to be here again to remind myself why I started hiking as my hobby. Not for health but just to connect to nature. |
|
|
| These few days I had been unmotivated. I guess it is a great reset to motivate myself again. Let the past be gone. |
 |
| Time to turn myself around and face the sun again. Thanks Mr Sun, always there for me. |
|
|
| Even cold blooded animal will need to sunbath to warm itself than taking coldness long period. |
 |
| Hi Little critter. You know your whiteness can't camouflage here, right? :) |
|
|
| I guess I will have to suntan for a while too. Warm and sunny in the morning. |
 |
| Or just hide under the shade? |
|
|
| Get me a rope and it will be a cool scene |
 |
| ZN took a picture of me taking pictures in the wild. Geee... I am so untoned... |
 |
| Okay! Done! |
 |
| Time to go! We spent too long here. |
|
|
| Don't underestimate the power of Huawei camera, it got better and without adjusting the lighting, it's still able to show our face even when the light is strong behind. |
 |
| A big tree log spotted, floating in the lake. Many months since I visited here (my last visit was like Jan 2019, here). I wondered what had happened here. |
|
|
| Trying my best to capture this spider web and ZN tried to unglam me with his phone |
After Little Guilin, next stop - Bukit Batok Nature Park.
 |
| The humility level in the morning was not enough to create a light ray effect. |
 |
| As it got too bright... If it had a light ray effect, will be great for me to "shower" in it. |
 |
| I guessed a picture of me with this unique rock + plant is good enough. Just live at the moment. |
|
|
| A couple of White-crested laughingthrushes got close contact with the park visitors. It is a highly social and vocal bird found in the park here. They produce the "loud cackling outbursts" where they got its name of Laughingthrush. |
 |
| One of the beautiful quarries in Singapore. If accompany with classic Chinese music, it will add some colours to the scenery. |
|
|
| Thanks ZN for helping me to take pictures with my phone |
|
|
| And compare to my own camera. It has a different taste and feel from different tools. |
 |
| Time to walk up to another spot at Bukit Batok Nature Park |
|
|
| Honestly, the crowds were really too "suffocating"; how I wish I could take pictures in peace and make some eggs here too. |
 |
| ZN has not recovered from his leg sore, so going down the slope is one way to ease him. |
 |
| My fellow readers if there is any. Do spend some time to visit Bukit Batok Nature Park. It is a nice park to visit. |
 |
| A snap of me with my bro, ZN. Thanks for accompanying and motivating me in any way. Hope you and your new GF will work things out. |
Alright, what is next?
Yes! Let's me bring you to Singapore Quarry!
 |
| OKay... I regret... I can't breathe... As compared to last time, there is hardly any visitors going to Singapore Quarry! |
 |
| Trying my best to give a bitter smile and drop some cold sweat |
 |
| Anyway, since we were here, let's clear this from our list and ZN's list. |
 |
| Welcome to Singapore Quarry. |
 |
| The crowds... OMG... Sunny and filled with visitors! |
 |
| Some history about Singapore Quarry |
 |
| Won't it be great when there are no humans around? |
 |
| Okay! Fishes are excusable. |
 |
| I guess I will snap a picture here and leave ASAP. |
 |
| As the crowds just kept on coming. |
Seriously... After CB, the crowds just got "aggressive" or "intrusive"... I will hike during weekdays (leave) to avoid crowds.
 |
| I noticed the railway track is under renovation... I wondered how to go up to take a look |
|
|
| We will have to cut through the tall grasses to get to... |
 |
| This track. Aww... I missed this place. It seemed like they are working on something here |
 |
| Preserve the old by cement the side than leaving loose rocks. |
 |
| I will miss the time when we were able to walk on loose rocks (in the track) than fake "loose rocks" at the side. |
 |
| Feel the moment. |
 |
| I can imagine the train is coming... |
 |
| I can remember there was a scene (below) which I would like to imagine... |
|
|
| I won't mind simulating the scene but no one can help... Hahaha.... Wild idea. (I did it in this post) |
|
|
| Very easily judged by others if I shared such ideas with anyone... So in my imagination will do. |
 |
| Time to go back home since ZN's leg started to get sore badly. |
 |
| Then we just went around Circleline to find Wink+ posters and collect points together to end our hike. |
Thanks for helping me with taking pictures. I will come back again on next Monday after my appointment if anyone wants to join me for an afternoon hike. (
Click here to read more)
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment
Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.
if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog