Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Swimming - Geylang East Swimming Complex

Hi Blog,

After today HQ meeting ended slightly early, which gives me some unplanned pocket time before my next meeting program. I decide to visit Geylang East Swimming Complex. It has been a while since I last swam there.

Geylang East Swimming Complex is 'Blue' and quiet Pool
If you are new to this area, you won't be able to register there is a swimming pool from a distance. Unless you are able to recognise the light pole (standardised throughout Singapore Complex). The unique rounded window on the blue wall is one of the unique features of Geylang East Swimming Pool.
Walked a round to reach its entrance - the strong contrasting colour. Blue and orange makes us feel energetic like as if an old age uncle trying to tell the world that he is still young! (at heart!)
There is a mini playground for the young visitors to have fun. Not many complex will have such features.
Such spacious but the floor looks rather dirty. Maybe because it is too wet and people return to the changing room in their bare foot.
I can imagine the time when there was no cubicle, and that is why the yellow line to warn others of wet floor.
Very flat and plain swimming complex but equips with necessary stuff for swimmer to swim in.
Not much shelter here which is good to sun tan because...
They have this bench to rest on :)
The life guards here, have a chilling position to watch over us. At least they won't need to sit under the sun. :)
OOOOOO! A wall mural and it is quite amazing to work on three colours to create an energetic impression. I guess I found the "uncle" in Geylang East Swimming Complex already. He is here and forever YOUNG and ENERGETIC!
It seems like visiting Singapore Swimming Complex has become my hobby XD

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog