Thursday, December 26, 2013

Design - PVPS CCA TShirt Design

Hi Blog,

CCA is an important thing in PVPS, to allow students to learn to develope their leadership skill, team spirit and personal interests in future.

In order to show many cca diverities in the school, HOD of CCA wanted me to design five sports including Infocomm club t-shirts. The five sports in our school are soccer, netball, hockey, volleyball and wushu. Hockey was the first sport to have their own tee design leaded by Mr Lek last time and from that onward, every students love to have their own cca tee! 

Now it is time to make every student to be proved with their own cca t-shirt!!! To avoid biased in design and set a standard for every tee, a logo and school name will be at the same position.

Just sharing of some CCA T-shirt designs I did during the school holiday. I believe you will love it :)


Football, I used back Jingting's robocup competition logo design which won the 2nd in the competition. A ball with the firey effect to make them feel like shaolin soccer movie! 


Infocomm Club, this was my third designs for this tee. I hope to come out something creativity but a bit childish for some staff who had seen the previous design. With a digital circle to show futuristic effect hit many likes in Instagram.


Netball, one of time consuming logo design I ever made. Even though I have been designing logos, but this logo really tested my patience and skill to get the right contrast. Errr I have reference some where but I need to change a bit here and there.


Volleyball, should be easy. I have observed many schools cca t-shirt have no unique logo. Now this is one logo which pv can be proud of.

Wushu, I love this design very much, I got inspired by Akuma "Tian" logo at his back and have decided to plant certain moral value into this t-shirt. Personally I love this design than the rest of my design! Let me explain further on the concept. Many wushu t-shirt will focus on 武 at the back of the shirt or only on that word, then followed by dragons or tigers or lions. They tend to forget about 術.

In my understanding, Wu 武 and Shu 術 are two words but stores a lot of meanings into it. Wu 武 is action, movement and positive (Yang) and Shu 術 is skill, peace, gentle, smooth and a form of discipline (Ying). So from the T-shirt design, there is action and peace. Many people think that Wushu is about action and tends to link to violence because people focus on Wu 武 only. For our pupils, I hope to promote Shu 術 "behind" their action which they must be disciplined with.

Which one do you like? :) I hope you do.

=========================================
Follow up update about this (post link) on 16 Jan 2016

Jeff

4 comments:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog