Monday, November 7, 2016

Movie Review - One Day/Fanday แฟนเดย์ แฟนกันแค่วันเดียว Review

Hi Blog,

In the past, there were a few movies which I can find related my life with, like "那些年,我们一起追的女孩/You Are the Apple of My Eye,  向左走·向右走/Turn Left, Turn Right, 我的少女时代/Our Times, 等一個人咖啡/Café. Waiting. Love etc" and last week, Mr Ked introduced a new thai movie named "One Day".


He encouraged me to watch this movie, so I checked the trailer online (below).


Movie Trailer

After my first view of that trailer, I really found closely related to this movie and the idea of the storyline... So I decided to watch this movie sooner.

Quiet cinema and the movie started!
Smile :)
and cried all the way in the movie....
==========================================================
Personal Summary
(I don't own any images and credit to whoever owns it)
this is Denchai
The group of IT guys
(spoiler alert, writing this summary is to keep me remember the movie)
There was this 30-year-old, geeky, plain and shy technical supporter.

secretly in love with Nui
Nui - Beautiful lady
Denchai fell in love with his colleague, Nui but he didn't have the courage to express his feelings to her. what Denchai can do is to know her like an idol, help her without her knowing and watch over her at a distance - a way of expressing his love to her in silent due to his social awkwardness and, also because the company handsome boss named Top, was dating Nui secretly (but in fact, everyone in the company already know this relationship)...

the invisible people... like me in real life.
One day, their company decided to go on company outing to Hokkaido and there was a wishing bell and legend said, "whoever can ring and make a wish to the bell, and it will grant the wisher". So Denchai's wish was to be with Nui alone for One Day, then Rang the bell.

Ring the bell and make a wish
Additional information that Nui was actually a Top's mistress, as Top promised Nui that he will divorce his wife and get Nui, but Top's wife gave Top two surprises by popping by to Japan to accompany Top and news of new baby which affected Nui... Top needed to attend to his wife and Nui got upset, As Denchai kept a watch-out for Nui....

:3
When the next day, everyone left for the airport, Denchai noticed Nui doesn't leave her room, as Top and Nui decided to extend their stay together to explore Hokkaido but spoiled by Top's wife earlier on.

Denchai was worrying of Nui and decided to stay back to ensure her safety, then he followed Nui in whatever activities include skiing which Denchai wasn't good at. To make thing worse, Nui wanted to commit suicide during skiing and Denchai tried to stop her but he was too late... So a group of search team managed to find Nui lying unconsciously in the heavy snow, and then sent to a hospital.


Nui woke up and could not remember why she is in Japan or even happened to her. The doctor diagnosed that she suffered from a short-term memory loss, that she will regain her past memory in the following day but will never remember whatever happened during her a day memory loss period.

choose option 2
Nui was wondering who is Denchai and what was their relationship, Denchai thought that this might be the chance to be together with Nui for a day and it seemed like the wishing bell really granted his wish, so he claimed he is Top, Nui's boyfriend.


With such arrangement, Nui wasn't easy with Denchai... She doubted Denchai fit into her desirable boyfriend material... But Denchai tried his best to come out excuses to cover his true identity, he told Nui to tour around Hokkaido like what Nui drew on a piece of paper, but she wasn't moving and claimed that she can never fall in love with a guy like Denchai.... (honestly this HURT so much...) It hurt Denchai too....

this scene hurt me the most
Nui realized that she hurt Denchai so much, she felt a bit sympathy and regretful over her action... surprisingly Denchai spring back and return for Nui like as if nothing happened... To be honest, the feeling of rejected stayed but Denchai still chose to treasure this opportunity to be together with Nui for a day, as he knew it will be his only chance so he doesn't want to give up; accept the fact and stay positive with whatever chance he has with Nui.


Nui started to learn how kind and sincere Denchai was; as she realized that Denchai knew so much about her, so she started to open up for him.

Look the way how she looked at Denchai. My heart melt...
Denchai was happy to see the positive response from Nui, which caught him in surprise; like having a sweet dream. The hostile Nui turned into a different person.... She started to explore Hokkaido with Denchai... This moment of the film was so sweet to see both of get together...


Nui decided to give Denchai a chance to chase her again. Denchai's shy and sincere character really portrayed well of every shy guy like me....

Nui demanded Denchai to look straight into her eyes as he shy away.
Cut down the detail to one of the scenes where, they got stuck in a heavy snow which prevented them from going to the last place, Large Ice Display for the year. Denchai didn't want Nui to miss it and struck in one of the provision store.

it was Denchai's birthday too
In the provision store, their relationship had grown into unbelievable proportion! One of the most touching scenes happened in this store where Denchai expressed his love to Nui, sounded like a Creep but he said one thing.... "there are people knowing that it is life-risking to climb the highest mountain in the world, but they still do it. Why so? Because if it is the thing they like, they will do it whatever they can." Similar to the love he has for Nui.... He knew it is impossible between them, but he will do whatever he can and he made a wish that the storm can be over so that Nui can go and see the Ice display.


His wish came true, and both of them rushed down to see the Ice Display. When they were there, Nui said some thinker, "Why do the ice sculptor spent so much time and effort onto this ice sculptures but can only last a day.... ?" and Denchai replied, "To create a good memory for others."

Denchai walked Nui back to her hotel, he suddenly got some weird idea, and brought her to a church and proposed to her. That was so sweet... It was the result that we all wished for any nice guys... Nui did accept his proposed, then proceed back to her room... Just when both of them got sexuality-heaty... Denchai stopped Nui from proceeding... He was guilty that he lied to Nui for being her boyfriend... and if they engage sexuality, will mean Denchai cheating on her; just like how Top did, so he declared to her that he isn't her boyfriend...

Nui's reaction was predictable that she got lost and confused, she threw Denchai's belongings out of the window and chased him out from the room... Nui started to investigate who was her boyfriend, after calling, text messaging and scanning through her photos, she realized that she was a mistress. So she went down to verify with Denchai and he told her the truth....


Nui was very disappointed with herself, and wanted to leave Top to be with Denchai.... But Denchai told her that it was impossible for both of them to get together.... Why?.... I shall leave the ending to those who want to watch the movie.... The ending is... xxxxx ...


In the end, not many people love the ending and Denchai's decision but I understand Denchai's feeling.... I will do the same as what Denchai did.... he did that because he really loves her so much that her happiness means more to him than his love for her.

==========================================================
Movie Review

Overall, this movie was very well-taken and touching storyline. It captured every beautiful moment, and the actors acted well! Eventually, I cried in the cinema, as it put me into the perspective of every character in the movie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's start with the actors...

Chantavit Dhanasevi who acted as Denchai
His acting in this movie really hit me greatly,
from a handsome dude to deform himself by putting on weight, curly his hairs, put on fake teeth,
and acted like a geek are admirable.  
Nittha Jirayungyurn who acted as Nui
her smiling scene really got the soft spot of me, I can literally smile back when she did. Sweet angelic smile! :3
The crying scene was just pure awesome, really touched my heart of wanted to protect her....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the chemical...

both of them have some form of chemical.
initially, it may look like a bit forceful, but the feeling came naturally until the end...
We all hope for happy ending but this is not how the reality works...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the music...

What else do I have to say.... I fall in love with the OST especially song B (2:23-2:44)


Song A
ฝันลำเอียง (Dream biased)- แจ้ ดนุพล แก้วกาญจน์

Credit Amar'e Carsares Stoudemire, a Youtube commenter helps to translate......
I want to force my eyes shut every night
And dream of you, I don’t want to wake up and meet anyone
I want to sleep like this continuously all night

(*) Can I stop the time and dream?
My mind must be with you, connected at just our first meeting
We both know full well

(**)But my biased dream isn’t like reality
Leaving me lost (in my subconscious)
We only met once
Speaking for only a moment still isn’t enough

(*) I want it to be like in my dreams, that happiness is more than enough
The two of us teasing each other (coddling each other)
I want to see you some time (I want to meet you)
Closing my eyes and dreaming, sending my heart to you

(,,)

But my biased dream isn’t like reality
I want to see you some time, closing my eyes and dreaming
I want to see you some time, closing my eyes and dreaming

Sending my heart to you, sending my heart to you, sending my heart to you


Song B
วันหนึ่ง (One Day)

Credit to Sing-dd for transaction
One day
I wake up with a brand new feeling
The world I see is much more beautiful than it used to be
Since I met you

Your eyes
When you look at me, it makes me shaking
Flowers and leaves change all their colors
Every thing around me is so beautiful

Your touch hmmmm
makes me become a special one
The warmth from you hmmmm
gets deep in my soul

You are my dream come true
that has always been my heart's desire
You got love that remains forever
Hold my hand for a long time because I'm yours

You are my dream come true
that has always been my heart's desire
You got love that remains forever
Hold my hand for a long time because I'm yours

because I'm yours

One day
I wake up with a brand new feeling
The world I see will no longer be the same
==========================================================
Overall feeling...

This movie expressed the reality of a relationship... and it was heavy for me... so I drew out two artworks to express my feeling too...

A girl like her can't never love a guy like me... it is impossible.
Not completely impossible but the outcome stands 98% predictable.
I am fully related how Denchai felt... and understand whatever he did in the movie. 

It is just like situation...
Both characters are two completely different world...
These two can never meet one another... when it does, it will temporary...

The scarecrow will continue to stay and maybe no one pays any attention to her...
snowman is fun to have but no one will remember him after a short play....
Nui can never see Denchai as her lover in real life... no matter what he did for her, as whatever he did become creepy but if he is a handsome dude, he will be excused and labeled as romance acts. (below)
my life is just like this comic....  whenever I spoke... people got distracted...
Feeling lonely.... Like Denchai.... invisible figure...
===================================================
4.7/5 Recommended
A decent Love story which can melt your heart.... especially lonely single guy like me... People who successful toward their lives can never understand this movie. So go and watch it.

And also check out similar movie title from the same director "Hello Stranger.", I read it is good!


Jeff

6 comments:

  1. I like you opinion, I just watched the movie today. Actually, I just watched "Heart Attack" (Freelance in Thai) first then followed by "One Day". I like them both, but I like "One Day" more. I kinda felt related to the actor, much actually, I used to be ignored a lot, I was a complete nerd, and I bearly have any experience with girls. Puberty did good to me, I had 2 girlfriends, but now the feeling of "will never be there" is so strong in me and that's comparable to Denchai's feeling. I was cheated on and dumped by both GFs, EXs, actually. It hurted me so much that I keep feeling stronger and stronger that I will never get into a relation ever again. And it's sad, because I still look from a distance, watch beautiful girls, and remind myself that love is just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I didn't know my post will have reader. Hahah... Thank you for dropping your feeling here.

      Heart Attack you suggested? I will watch it today! :)

      Wow you had 2 GFs when you were young? That was nice and at least you got experience. But I am fully understand and can relate to you that it hurts....

      "it's sad, because I still look from a distance, watch beautiful girls, and remind myself that love is just not for me."

      That sentence hits me hard. I have the same feeling too... Hey thanks for it, at least I know I am not alone. Be strong! Sarawut. The day will/might come. Just leave good memory at least.

      Delete
  2. But did Nui fell in love with Den Chai at the moment that they were together? I'm just curious what happened next such an sad ending, it much be better if they make a part 2 for this movie cause damn i can't forget this shit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she fell in love with Den Chai, but her memory on that day will be gone after the next day (just like a dream), she will get back to her own self... And just like she fell in love with a snowman, after winter break, she will move on her life and forgot that snowman....

      Personally they leave it as part one of the movie will do; some ending is best for us to accept it

      Delete
  3. Did you watch it alone in cinema?

    ReplyDelete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog