Friday, July 4, 2014

Cycling - Tron Custom Cycling Jersey Design Update (Part 1)

Hi Blog,

It is a repost about my experience of making my Personal Tron Cycling Jersey. After I bought my Tron cycling suit from podium cycling, I told myself why do I have to spend so much money on product if I can do the design with my own hand and it might be cheaper than those which is in the market.

I did some researchs in google for customise cycling jersey, there is this Facebook group (I shall not mention its name but you can ask me if you want to know) which offers custom design for cycling jersey. The price was half of whatever I had paid for podium cycling but I will come out with my own design.

Template
After a few message and confirmation, I started to work on their template. Here is the design, I used the custom phone casing design onto my jersey. But the process of making wasn't smoothly.

Using my tron design casing to my jersey design.
Here was my first design



Here was the problem. Firstly they cannot accept photoshop artwork, they will only take in adobe illustrator, so whatever I am going to do in photoshop, they might not be able to produce. Example: they can't really make the texture which I did in photoshop!

Here was my second design


So I tried to make it plain, gradient-less and tone-less so that their designer won't be suffering from my design. But the company promised that they can produce gradient tone printed. Then I continue to apply gradient and texture to ot.

Here was my final piece.




I was proud with my master piece! After payment, they took nearly two months to process the printed..... VERY DISAPPOINTED! Two months later, the product arrived and the disappointment went deeper!

LOOK at this!

WHERE ARE THE TONES? WHAT HAPPEN TO ITS SLEEVES???
HOW COME IT IS PURPLE??!!
WTH! HOW COME ONLY THE FRONT AND BACK got glow?! what about the sleeves???
WHAT?! WHAT an UGLY TEXTURE!
(I went to their website and checked, they actually reused their website Hex texture on my design?! WHAT!)
REFUND! I WANT REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disappointed!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog