Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Blog - Genuine Four-Leaf Clover

Hi Blog,

I happened to recall my first pendant that I wore and interested with, when I was young, is four leaf clover. In my native mind, four-leaf clover is a famous icon for luck and it is also a rare chance to find such leaf. You may do some research online for more information about four-leaf clover.


Image credit: http://slushie13.deviantart.com
Information from internet, four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leaved clover. According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. In addition, each leaf is believed to represent something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.

Image credit: galleryhip.com
There is a five-leaf clover and four-leaf clover in this picture.
In the market, there are gift stores selling four-leaf clover pendants but when I browsed through all the pendants, I started to think, "wait a min, if four leaf clover is so rare. Why they managed to find so many to put on market?" So that was where I started to research.

In the market, due to popular demand of such rare and unique icon, they will try to provide many products with four leaf clover sealed in it. To be honest, mostly are fake! I got some pictures online and you tell me is fake or real.







The last one is the real four-leaf clover. Usually clover plant has leaf pattern formed by three leaves. The Four leaves however will be rare, like one in a thousand and is usually slightly smaller than the three leaves.

Trifolium Repens, White Clover- The True Species
Image Credit: https://pages.wustl.edu/
How can they be fake? Because the supplier will get leaves from a four-leaf clover-like plants. Those plants usually have four leaves pattern every time. Or they will stitch the fourth leaf together with three. Below are plants which will produce four-leaf clover-like leaf.

Marsilea Quadrifolia or Marsilea Polycarpa, Pepperwort or Water Clover - Fake one
Image credit: Wikipedia
Oxalis Deppei, Oxalis plants - Fake clover plants
Image Credit: http://lavitaetuttaunclick.blogspot.sg/
But whatever it is, customers, be mindful and observance when you decide to buy a four-leaf clover. The genuine one is rare to come by. Like for me, I found one myself when I went to Cameron Highland.

Here is my evidence of four-leaf clover! :) I feel so lucky! Hope no one will pluck out such a rare leaf, just leave it there for other lucky people to find it :)

100% genuine four-leaf clover :)

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog