Thursday, July 20, 2017

Movie - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets review

Hi Blog,

I was excited when I saw the trailer of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets; and today was it's opening date so I decided to go and watch it.


Here was the awesome trailer with the exciting CGI visual!!! It was CRAZY!



=================================================

My Sharing

I shall start my sharing on how exciting I got while watching the movie. I believe until now, you know I love Sci-fic movie, plus this director directed "Fifth Element" one of my favourite movie when I was young.

two main casts in the movie - honestly... I don't know their name but that girl looks cool and pretty
Spoiler ahead, you are warned and those Valerian related images are not owned by me, credit will go to whoever owns it.

(POSITIVE) Personally I love the CGI effect on creating a world which we don't get to experience in our daily life. Check out some of the awesome, mind blowing images!


How I dream I can live/visit in such worlds; it was beautiful with loads of possibilities. Beside the cities, I was excited to see some of the aliens which interacted with humans. I was intrigued to see the first few minutes of movie when how the City, Alpha built up with aliens coming from any sides of the universe to share their knowledge and resources, where different aliens will come and shake hands with humans. (it was one of my favourite scenes from the movie, hope I can find that video clip from youtube. I will add it below)

The aliens' designs do look familiar and reminded me of "Fifth Element" a lot.


With nowadays technology, the CGI has improved greatly and anything impossible is possible. Honestly while I was watching the movie, the CGI was just breath-taking and I hope they can explore those worlds/cities/aliens slowly.... Here comes my sharing of my dislike of the movie.

(NEGATIVE) Sad to say... Anything beside the CGI were BAD! Let's start with the actors...

Stars: Dane DeHaan as Valerian and Cara Delevingne as Laureline
Personally I was not biased toward any actor... but maybe because of the script... their fake chemical and dialog were too bland and flat. Especially Dane (acted as Valerian), he was not suitable for such role... Man-hoe and great space agent... He looked too young to be in command. Cara (acted as Laureline) looked kind of badaxx. Both of them just don't have the chemical... I don't connect with them at all. Even though the last part, both of them had conflict with their own ideology, it was like force scripted!

Beside actor, the flow of the plot was disappointing...


I was overwhelmed by the vast world they had in the movie, like I had no time to know what is which, the whole plot started like a roller coaster, when it reached its height where the excitement is... it went flat. It was washed off by sub-quest with another sub-quest. I won't spoil further, you can watch it yourself, like you were reading a storybook by flipping pages randomly.


What I displeased how they handle some of the awesome support casts like that random pirate and dancer.... They were rich in character, just right after we had connection and attachment with them, they got killed off or silent out after Valerian and Laureline done with the scene....


You can check this youtuber review, she explained well.

====================================================

3.9/5 Watch it if you like CGI/Sci-fic
Believe me, watch it if you are excited with the world they created. Hope for the best (Mind-blowing by the effect) and prepare for the worst (shxtty storyline you can check out the youtube review below)


The actor might not have the charisma suitable for the movie... he might be great for other movie titles like Chronicle... but it will be a turn-off if you don't like him... I hesitated of going to cinema when I realised I just find he is out of place in the movie trailer.... but CGI and sci-fic were my interests. So... yeah.... I guessed my intuition is right.

But they do have some great soundtrack and music especially The Hit House - Because (Beatles) - it sounds so weird and awesome. You can listen to it below.


Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog