Saturday, July 20, 2024

Personal - Cosplay in New Suit

Hi Blog,

I recently made a painful decision on my wallet (even though there was a great discount on the website): I bought a new costume for myself. I convinced myself that investing in a high-quality costume would enhance my cosplay experience.

I'm pleased to announce that it's finally here after a long wait.
While I had hoped for sponsorship like YouTubers 😂, I understand that things don't always work out that way. Anyway, it is time for our unboxing!

Are you ready for the unboxing?
Ooooo!
The first thing I took out, I was amazed with the quality of the belt and the design. But...
It looks rough...
I hope it will last though.
The harness looks... interesting...
The leather appears sturdy, but I am uncertain about its reliability?
One of my major concerns... the glove's leather... it reminded me of my unsuccessful quantum suit (blog post)... Oh well, I just have to utilise these pair of gloves to the max.
Ah, some nice leather shoe sleeves, but given the length of the buckets, I anticipate they might not fit my fat calves properly...
Next, the main costume!
The star on the chest is nicely done, and I appreciate the high-quality appearance!
High-grade badge embroidery
I might plan to change the logo here to Singapore and my name.
When I felt the fabric... it was a stiff type of material which I don't like... I want a soft and stretchy material! :(
Oooo! There is a shoulder pad which is one of the best things.
Time to put it on!
I had a bad feeling about it...
Oh dear, I struggled to put it on because I assumed it was made of soft and stretchy material. 
Overall, it looks so great!
The Captain America costume with its dark blue hue and simplistic design is one of the coolest ever. I really appreciate its understated style.
Wearing the accessories, they would also look good in green.
Can I become something else? Captain Pilot?
Overall review: I am really impressed with the high-quality costume and am considering replacing my current one. I suppose I will purchase it if I manage to sell my old costume or work at three paid events. On a personal note, I have some dissatisfaction; I had hoped for stretchy fabric, but it is made of a stiff material. Now, it feels tight when I wear it. If I gain any more weight, I won't be able to fit into this costume. I feel so stupid over my decision...

The costume arrived just in time for me to wear it to a volunteer cosplay event. I think I'll try it on and see how it fits.
let's go!
Guess what? Today's help-out event is just around the corner from where I live, but public transport decided to play games with me! The bus I was waiting for arrived earlier than expected and left right before me, despite my efforts to catch it. To make matters worse, I ended up at the wrong place, so I had to switch to a different bus. And wouldn't you know it, I faced the same thing again, and the bus pulled away right in front of me, ignoring the estimated schedule. Fortunately, another bus arrived without adhering to the schedule and I might need to wait for another 20 minutes.
Pathlight School is the first Autism-Focused School in Singapore where they will be hosting an event titled "A Very Special Walk 2024 with Autism Resource Centre.
I'm doing my best to breathe properly, adjusting my waistband to hide my tummy, but I completely forgot to wear my faux muscle shirt... As I attempted to wear it, I heard a tear from the back. It felt like rubbing salt in the wound...
Finally, with some small help from random strangers, I got to equip the harness. 🤔 Checking myself in the mirror... Yup, I still look like a stupid nerd. 🤓
Okay, as predicted. I can't reach down to secure the shoe sleeves as I have a pair of fat calves.
Thanks, ELMO for helping me out.
(credit ELMO) With Elmo's help, I managed to take a photo of my back. The costume seems fine, and I'm hoping for a successful cosplay today. The cosplaying program today was quite lengthy, running from 4 pm to 8 pm. I hope I won't perspire like 🐽.
(credit ELMO) I was worried that using the wrong shield with my sheath costume would make me look weird, but it actually worked out okay.
(credit ELMO) Everything was fine except that meh plain Asian face. 😂
You can tell the difference with a face like that, he won't even need a mask! He can be the best captain cosplayer!
(credit Suz) Shall we take a quick group selfie before we all put on our masks? Curiously, Suz (aka Wonder Woman) also took another photo with her facing her phone, but it's nowhere to be found.
(credit I forgot who took it) I had the pleasure of being seated next to a fantastic cosplayer, and the distinction was clear.
(Credit D's GF) Once the principal took a group photo with us, it was time for everyone to go out to interact.
(Credit the photographer) We were asked to join their group dance, and at first, we were rather hidden from it but ended up...
(Credit the photographer) ...we joined in the dance to boost the mood.
(Credit D's GF) We split into a smaller team and moved separately, allowing us to engage with the crowds at our own pace.
(Credit D's GF) We tried to "pretend" to interact with their booth. Haha
(Credit ELMO) A pair of captains become the guardians of Queen Wonder.
(Credit ELMO) At the event's conclusion, we had the opportunity to take a photograph with our minister, Mr. Gan Kim Yong.
(Credit one of the students) I extend my gratitude to everyone who contributed to the success of today's event.
(Credit P) We got free buns and...
(Credit Suz) Had our bun cheer!
Overall, wearing a high-quality costume can make a significant difference. I plan to save up for a premium Captain America costume in the future, provided I save enough. For now, my hope is to not gain weight too quickly.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog