Saturday, April 27, 2024

Personal - Avenger Quantum Suit Cosplay

Hi Blog,

On 6th Sep 2023, Yes, I did it again. I got another costume and what to do when it has all my favourite colours except no blue. Yes, it is the Quantum Suit of the Avenger.

One reason for getting this, was because I got a discount.
I shall stop talking and open the parcel now!

Oooo, this is the inner suit. It is PVC leather made. Ooo, nice! It increases my Stat - Defence Stat +1
Hmm, layered sewing for the suit. Simple and yet cost-effective.
Wearing leather-like gloves is so... Special.
The feel is so different even touching. Tried self-touch and felt great. Attack Stat +1
Tata! The whole jumpsuit. The colours though. :3 It looks so basic yet beautiful. Defense Stat +2 and Charisma Stat +1
Avenger logo... But the sewing... Definitely needs some improvement. Charisma Stat +0.5
Hmm even though, I prefer this one to be rigid but this one seems... For the manufacturer... This is the cheaper and lesser issue to mass produce.
Oooo! Six-packs. Finally, I have a fake six-pack of bun to understand how much confidence and dominance you can gain. No wonder, many people dream of wearing such equipment permanently.
Oooo, I usually don't spend money on a pair of shoes I only sometimes wear often. But I have no choice but to get a Stat bonus for wearing a set, hope I can wear it often to fully utilize it. Agility Stat +1
Here is the whole set. The set bonus grants a bonus power to the wearer, an illusion of immunity against the judgement and a confidence boost.
Let's try it out! Oops! I can't return my back. I am just too fat to reach my back.
Then I will make do. Excuse me for having messy hair as I was trying to find a convenient time to try it when my mother and tenant were working.
Hmm... It was kind of warm wearing this. Luckily, I switched on my air conditioner to keep it cool. I can't imagine wearing it outdoors.
Hmm...I love the overall colour and how it turns out. Satisfied with the product! Sorry for having a messy room.
But who am I going to be?
Wearing a quantum suit, I can be anyone in the Avenger movie.
I can be myself.
Captain Nerd...
...With my plain Asian shortie look.
Since it was a quantum suit then can match this Nano Gauntlet! You may ask, why get a new one? Where is my Infinity Gauntlet? Infinity Gauntlet is the left hand and Nano Gauntlet is the right hand. Haha! Plus this one is special!
Check out this YouTuber who can collect them all. One piece of merchandise costs a lot... 🥲 (one simple blue cube costs 140...) I feel good just watching him show the items as if it was mine.
Anyway, I got Nano Gauntlet because It's Special as it does not come with inbuilt infinity stones like my infinity gauntlet. Why so? Or... I just want to pamper myself by satisfying my inner child which I didn't have when I was a kid.
Because they came in a separate purchase! 🥲 (wallet burned)
How I wished they could be more presentable... This looks underwhelming... Like a proper way to store these stones.
Anyway, you can hold the stones out of their misery as if you are Thanos collecting all the infinity stones. How I wish this could light up while holding onto it.
Each stone will have these two metal slots...
...to light up! Oooo! There are different sound effects for each stone when you pop in. Cool!
So that you can pop it in to contact the two metal bars...
Oooo! Yippee! Now feeling like Thanos!
Love how they light up.
Great combo
Too bad, I don't have a studio or anyone to snap for me.
So please excuse my messy room
I like the perspective shots with big hands reaching out to the viewers, like trying to break the 4th wall.
Anyway, back to the topic. It seemed like Wearing this suit, could only go well in an air-conditioning environment... I feel a bit warm in it.
Even when I had on my room air con, the sweat started on my back.
I guessed that I would try to snap a few more and be done for the day. A great addition to my costume collection but there was a missing piece which was...
(Credit D) ...the quantum helmet. Currently, there are no genuine quantum helmets available for purchase. Many are 3D printed, and D, who owns a 3D printer, knew that I got a quantum suit and offered to make a helmet for me at no cost. It's a very generous offer!
(Credit D) The amount of material used for the helmet was a lot.
(Credit D) it looked so NEAT!
(Credit D) and promising on how it turned out!
(Credit D) To smooth the surface of the helmet, He will have to sand
(Credit D) He brought it over for me to try. The helmet felt quite tight and didn't enclose properly or easily. However, I could sense the effort he put into it and I would hate to see it go to waste.
(Credit D) The next thing was to apply colour.
(Credit D) Spray foundation
(Credit D) Then painted manually...
(Credit D) However, D faced challenges with painting the colour as it would blend into other sections.
(Credit D) The helmet was beautifully painted, yet it failed to close the gaps. Ultimately, D spent too much time without being able to address this issue, leading to the entire project being discarded. So sad...
In February 2024, I bought a helmet from eBay that looked great in the photos and was reasonably priced.
However, when the helmet arrived...
The painting on this helmet was...
...was... Horrible!!!
...The painting seemed to require minimal effort, as if the artist simply took a paintbrush, dipped it in some paint, and brushed over the helmet without care. ZERO-CARE!
It looked like a mould of an original printed helmet. The ear part was rather ugly... Oh man, the painting was awful! Unacceptable!
Even the lens on this helmet was rather... cheapskate! I guess it was me who was cheapskate... Unfortunately, this outfit doesn't match the cosplay I had in mind. I'll need to go with my backup plan.
Hmm... What should I do next?
On 27th Apr 2024, I was on my way to volunteer to cosplay for their monthly birthday party event at the Institute of Mental Health. I decided to do something. Make a guess?
Hmm... oh dear... I have a bad feeling about it... it started to break down...
(Credit ELMO) Strike a pose in your new costume! Honestly, I can already feel the heat building up inside the suit. I hope I can last long.
Captain Nerd in the Quantum realm!
(Credit one of the staff) Everyone had assembled, time to go!
(Credit ELMO) We remained concealed behind the screen as the patients were ushered to their seats. We were instructed not to take photographs with our phones to protect their privacy.
(Credit ELMO) Then we will have our photos without them. Smile!
(Credit ELMO) We waited for our music and introduced ourselves. I wondered... What was my music?
(Credit ELMO) After the second round, the heat building up inside my suit became unbearable. I started feeling dizzy, a sensation of heat I disliked, which is why I opted for a trisuit for hiking instead of regular clothing like everyone else.
I've noticed that my costume fabric has begun to deteriorate!
Just look at the part where I held my shield.
(Credit ELMO) After the second round, I informed the team that I needed to withdraw. My physical, mental, and spiritual well-being, along with my deteriorated costume, had declined to their limits... I needed not to continue.
I found a spot to undress... Ah... the feeling of being undressed was so refreshing!
Just look at the costume!
It was soaked with my perspiration.
I positioned my costume and inspected its state.
Oh my! Look at the deteriorated condition!
Many parts have deteriorated and turned into powder, rendering them essentially irreparable!
Frankly, I found this to be very disappointing and upsetting.
Just looked at the shoes... So sad...
I packed it, thinking it could still be utilised for something else, but its deterioration into powder only made things worse... it will stain everything.
I had to discard it...
The disappointment was overwhelming... I only got to wear it once, and that too for an event... The rapid deterioration was like a nightmare... I've made a vow to never again purchase such material for clothing. What a waste of money...

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog