Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Personal - Sunny Lazarus Island

Hi Blog,

You might be wondering if I will be going to the island again? And yes, I will go to that island again for sure; plus I still need to bring C to visit the island.

Ah! Thanks Mr Sun for coming out today! I thought you were unable to make it.
Want to make a guess on how was the crowd for the day?

Getting everything ready and time my journey... 🤔 Okay... Looked like I will be late.
I brought this, guess what is it. I will reveal later.
Nice warm sun ☀ I could feel it even without going to the island
Yippee! You know what! Now going to Marina South Pier station is convenient already! With the new opening of the Thomson-East Coast Line, I can travel faster than before! But at Marina Bay interchange still need to walk quite a distance and one-two station more than my usual one. I guess it makes no difference unless I started to calculate.
Yippee! Today I managed to hit the free ticket redemption slot! What an achievement for me. 😂
C will be late due to long distance travelling hence I just had to board the ferry first.
Oh hi, Miss Sky, how are you being these days? Thanks for today's great weather.
I paused awhile and realised... I forgot to bring my ground mat for a suntan!
You know what made me so happy from this picture?
Yes! No one! Hahaha, I was alone on this ferry ⛴!
Five mins before, it sailed off... The crowd started to fill up the ferry and C just arrived on time...
On a positive note, the crowd was acceptable in number, less than 20
Good morning island!
The ferry sailed away and I will see you later
Hmm 🤔 looked like it was a high tide at this time
At least, Miss Sky allowed Mr Sun to accompany us for today. What a happy morning!
More pictures of this before it was gone.
As usual, we doubled our pace to secure my favourite spot on the island.
(credit C) I should have worn white if it was this sunny, I could feel the heat from the black attire.
Lazarus beach! 😍🥰 So much love for this!
So much because there was no yacht parking here!
(credit C) As if the whole beach is mine! All mine!
Thank you to those who cleaned up the beach. Salute to the beach cleaners for giving us a clean beach.
Okay, time to rush to that spot
I threw my tent and opened it instantly.
Adjusted a bit here and there...
Sat in and chilled.
Time to reveal what is this!
Yes! I bought this some years ago and only used it once (here)
Time for some upgrades!
So I can see in the water at least...
Time to make the beach vomit 🤮 because of this disgusting dude.
Just as I was about to be happier
A large group of youths showed up, walked towards our direction and took over the shelter near us.
Yup, some people in that group started to giggle... Oh well... I just walked away first.
Feeling emo? Oh well, just numb. Used to it.
I saw they are more or less settled down
I just explored further and snapped a picture with the beach while no yacht around
Just me and my lonely tent
Perhaps I can suntan here
But I can't leave C alone
Nice foot print on the sand
I just needed to get into the water...
...to sun tan without getting that much burn, but I still need to try to wear that snorkel gear.
Hmm more or less it works except I can't submerge in the water
Enough snorkelling, time to have a proper tan
I had no choice but to tan without my mat... I don't quite like to lay on the sand like this... Because it will damage my trunk.
I will never wear my favourite Marcuse brand trunk to contact the sand... I just tried not to move too much and suntan under my armpit.
Under my arms, I look white.
Okay I think I will just go to another beach to keep away from the crowd
Since only a few visitors on this island... I can just walk around the island in my swimming trunk? 😂 Too bad, I am not muscular like demi-gods... If not, I will not even need to think.
(credit C) But C told me to try... Okay I will give it a try
Weird to see an almost naked man walking on the island... Mosquitoes don't even bother to bite me
Hmm 🤔 I should spot another group of people from afar...
I guessed it is better I put on my shirt and shorts back.
Oh my, it was quite a large group with elderly and little young kids... Luckily, I wore it back normally, if not, I will make the whole family give me a disgusted expression.
Okay, time for part two!
Nice, no one here!
Even though the water was rather messy.
My worry was it might stain my trunk but as long as I went further away from the edge, I will be safe.
Hmm... wait a min... Dark clouds! Miss Sky had some plans now.
Wait wait! Miss Sky. Please don't rain now!
I guessed that Miss Sky wanted to wash SG
Heavy cloud was approaching
A moment later... here she came.
We had to return to the jetty before it covered the whole island.
Even the monitor lizard was taking shelter from the rain.
I was glad that we had a nice morning and it was time to return the sky to Nature.
Overall, today's island visit was a great one which was hard to come by especially Nov and Dec when it is a rainy season. I will come back again after New Year.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog