Sunday, November 13, 2022

Personal - My First Official Cosplay Event

Hi Blog,

Funny thing was that I managed to get my new costume before the event (link)! 😂 What event you asked? D invited me to join a movie day event hosted by RMSS.

I got everything ready now, new helmet and costume! Let's go!
RMSS is a relatively reputable tuition center and they always host Movie Day in one of the movie theatres for their staff, parents and students yearly. D's wife happened to work there and the movie title happened to be Marvel movie hence they were asking for some people (that's where D invited me to join and I took this chance to dress up facing the people) to cosplay as superheroes to entertain and have a photo session with their guests.

Honestly, I was a bit hesitant to do this... But I just tried to give myself other excuses to dilute my current ones... Like no turning back, I purchased a new costume and let's make it work, don't waste the opportunity and free movie session etc etc.
Since no return trip, let's make it good
Costume check! Helmet check! Shield check! Accessories check! Courage check!
Let's go!
Thanks D for agreeing to drive me there if not, I will be like carrying my shield and bunky bag, taking public transport
The whole event was divided into two sessions and right now was the morning session, the RMSS staff were busy gathering and getting ready for the event
I just tried to be approachable and smiled at the ladies
Meanwhile, I went to an empty staircase to dress up than the toilet because the toilet got too many eyes watching... Just like Superman, you won't see him changed in the public eye. And... How do I look? Do I look alright?
First session was accompanied by Black Panther and Spiderman, D.
And one more Killmonder
Getting into the mood and persona of that character. The dude who cosplayed Killmonger, spent a lot on that helmet - Real metal and heavy.
Posed funny poses
Before the guests started to arrive in mass, the boss asked for a group shot with every staff and us. Just noticed that my false chest padding had shifted place because I moved too much... Now flat chest... But no time to adjust already... Have to fake it
I handed over my shield to one of the staff who wanted to feel shield.
The padding dropped to my tummy area and now I become a fat cap
Anyway, the morning session was over. What a session, I had to pose constantly when the guests and even non-guests came for a photo.
Now will be my turn. Thanks D for helping.
Okay, I just found out there is no vegetarian food for me... I need to go and find the nearby food court...
D would like to accompany me in my costume. So I ended up walking browsing in the food court and cold storage in my cap costume!
Before our morning shift (three hours) ended, other cosplayers turned up and we took a picture together...
before they all dressed up. What an intricate design for Rocket Raccoon, he received a lot of attention including me trying to know how he did it!
This one was taken by the professional photographer.
Standing side by side with the REAL expensive costume of a Captain America. D's costume has a very soft and nice fabric, and I love it so much as it is also stretchy which I wish mine can have stretchy properties.
Two different types of Captain - Captain Spidey and Captain Nerd
Sweat just flow out from my inner to my pants. My false chest padding just went haywire in my tummy area again.
Spiderman + Captain America = Spidey Captain
(Credit Spidey) before I ended my afternoon shift... I can't believe I was standing there, taking photos for four hours plus. I wanted to remove my costume and recovered my introvert-energy
I asked whether I can try to hold Rocket's giant gun and he passed me his. it looked weird when Cap held a gun.
I went to a handicapped toilet (bigger space) and removed my wet costume. Oh my! It was soaked!
okay... My fake chest padding was gone case... I guess I will buy the wearable false muscle padding t-shirt for a long-term plan.
Right after that, I just purchased this right away. A body which I dreamed to have; perfect for a lazy man like me. (link)
Claimed my free movie ticket as a token of appreciation for cosplaying
Collected free popcorn and soft drink (long time I had not drunk soft drink) What a sinful moment
Time for a movie! Did you check the theatre out? It was a big hall for company hosting purposes.
Great movie but a rather rushed and convenient plot. I also understand it was also a challenging movie to make when the main cast passed away while making the movie...
Thanks D for sending me this photo as it was one of my favourite pictures taken for the day. This boy approached and told me that he liked Captain a lot, he even showed me his blue watch with Captain American in it. Just looked at his face, just how happy he got to see his favourite superhero icon alive in front of him.
My shield magnet dropped off... I guessed that was the reason why I felt tired as I needed to hold my shield throughout the whole event.
Luckily, I still have some proxy to apply and I applied a thick layer. Hope it won't drop out anymore.
I felt a sense of achievement for the day. I heard D tell me that he was happy too as one of the boys took a picture with him as Spiderman, that boy returned in the afternoon session just to show D that he printed out the photo of that boy and Spiderman. I can tell how impactful we can give to little kids. Even though we might be deemed like a little kid who wears a costume but all we want is just to bring a smile to the little innocent kids.

I thought this fat man won't look good in costume... especially since I am just a short ugly non-muscular Asian stupid dude dressed up as Cap... but everyone was happy to see me in that awesome costume. I felt so happy because they didn't give me any sight of disgust but they gave me a sign of affirmation with their smiles.

D shared with me RMSS event video and they put in the mistake move I made. hahaha!.
But deep inside me, I know I am not that good...

I shared my pictures on my social media... And yes... The fact to be Cap... requirement is this... Oh well... I guess... when I don't look muscular... it will be a mediocre outlook. I know and I won't lie to myself that I am good because... I didn't wear my spec so I can't see other people's expressions for that day.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog