Sunday, June 3, 2018

Personal - My First Live Show - Toruk

Hi Blog,

Alv had spare ticket for a live performance at Kallang Indoor Stadium - Toruk, The First Flight, inspired by James Cameron's AVATAR. (link)

This was my first time watching a live performance and visited an indoor stadium, quite exciting.
Crowded scene before the show starts
Waiting for the show starts
Thank you Alv for this experience
Synopsis of the performance


Inspired by James Cameron’s movie AVATAR, TORUK – The First Flight brings us to another new world with a visually stunning imagination performance that have never been seen before.

This is a mythical tale set thousands of years before the events depicted in the film AVATAR, and before any humans ever set foot on Pandora.

There is a natural catastrophe threatens to destroy their sacred Tree of Souls. Two Omaticaya boys learn that Toruk (giant bird-like creature) can help them save the Tree of Souls, so they set out together on many quests with their newfound female friend. There is a prophecy that a pure soul will rise among the clans to ride Toruk for the first time and save themselves from disaster.

The performance has some features which encourages audiences to interact with the performance by download an app and the cutting-edge visuals, puppetry and stagecraft buoyed by a soaring cinematic score that capture our imagination.


My phone quality was bad... blurry
Our seat was quite near to see everyone but still can't capture that well with my phone camera
Beautiful tree - jellyfish like.
Love the flare of their costumes.
They had some stunt-moves but not as intense as the circus. For me, I enjoyed it.
I loved to see the whole crew worked together from behind the stage (top) and performancers.
The impressive puppet flies like a kite
If I have a big home and loaded, I will make one lighted tree.
End of the show
I love the show.
I should have brought a DSLR
Their musical score was memorable.

My Review

I must say I really enjoy the whole performance, despite not many people enjoy it because they thought this Toruk is a sequel of the movie, AVATAR, but it is a prequel. Many stunning visual and serious performance carries the simple plot along to keep us entertain.

There was one which I really appreciated during the performance. I love how they synced with one another, everyone has their own roles and duties to cover, like some will remove some props, or cloth; there was one moment, the performancer put his spear on the side of the stage and continued his act, but that spear dropped down, and many performancers missed that one out. Then there was this performancer was standing some distance away from that spear and getting ready for her act, then she left her position and picked up that spear to ensure no one will trip over it. After she had done her part, she picked that spear back the stage quietly. I see teamwork. :)

Anyway, it is an interesting visually stunning performance that you should watch. Below is a Full performance video which has spoiler.


Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog