Saturday, September 21, 2024

Hiking - Failed Woodland Hike

Good Morning Blog,

I was supposed to meet a friend in the morning and then go to an afternoon event, but I discovered some work hiccups yesterday. Fortunately, I discovered it sooner rather than later, or through an audit...

I will go down to the woodland industry to fix the problem, so... why not I explore some of the woodland forest?
The reason I went exploring was because I wanted to revisit the abandoned factory, but I had heard that we could only get there through the forest.

I hope I can find a way to get there. Hmm, the morning weather appeared gloomy.
I just realised my camera battery was running low... I am not sure how long it will last.
This structure appears to have some significance, but no one knows what it is...
I did some research online, and here's what I discovered: "These are simply ERSS (Earth Retaining and Stabilising Structures). This form is typically less expensive than a vertical retaining wall. There is also no need to build and maintain railings along the edge, making it a safer option than a vertical retaining wall. And "it is to safeguard future development from this point forward." Or to stop seeing this disgusting me. 😂
Today's weather was ideal, not sunny or moody. Allows me to walk out in the open without worry.
I wondered if I would have time to find my way in... Do I have a plan...?
Even if I find the way, will I be able to explore further given my tight schedule?
Here I was, having not been here since 2022. I should come here more frequently.
Now the path was becoming more wild.
Inside more wild!
Along the path to the unknown, there are many thorny plants that usually get in my way, so this time I brought a tool to assist me. Now I become a gardener!
Hmm, from my knowledge, I still know how to get to a legendary location...
Should be near.
Yes! That legendary Marsiling tunnel!
I wanted to enter, but nope! There is no torchlight and I can not take mud well. So for me, it was just a hi-bye moment.
Hmm... So it appeared that there was some sort of pathway.
As you can see, this log was broken in two, and it appeared that someone had previously stepped here.
Ah! Found a... What is this? Like a wall of the unknown.
This wall is so clean; I expected it to be viney, but nope.
As I progressed, the path became more complicated... Given my schedule, I doubt I will have time to explore further...
When I returned, I was unable to find the same route. I believe I should bring some red tape to secure my path next time or in future explorations. I just bashed through the forest and emerged from nowhere. I also encountered a black cobra on my path... I know I am just blessed and fortunate that my intrusion did not offend it.
Okay, today was a short and unsuccessful exploration. At the very least, I can add to my list of places to visit. Something fun!
My next stop was to walk to Woodland Industry to get my work hiccups fixed.
I did not realise it was so far away, but that is fine. I can handle it.
Okay, my camera battery was about to die, so I am going to end my walk here and see you in the next exploration. I hope I can get into the oil factory.
Different forests present different challenges, but they inspire me to look forward to them. I am not sure what you guys think of my exploration; will you even bother reading such a failed and boring exploration?

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog