Sunday, September 15, 2024

Trip - Kuala Lumpur Day 3 and 4

Hi Blog,

Yawning, third day! Time has flown by so quickly... We were going to Kuala Lumpur today. Feeling like I have had enough of Genting, but I have not done enough...

A misty morning I wondered... Is there a sunrise in Genting?
I will miss the cool weather up here, but overall, you will enjoy Genting Highlands if you do not mind spending because the prices here are comparable to those in Singapore.

I had already finished packing and was ready to go. I missed this room.
I wanted to get out of the buildings and capture a more Silent Hill feel.
After a while, the mist cleared and things returned to normal.
Everyone began to gather in the lobby, and some decided to go for breakfast.
And it began to rain! It was even colder... The weather here can change so quickly.
It had been a long time since I had ordered breakfast from McDonald's. I can only order an egg burger. To be honest, it is satisfying!
This theme park is another area we did not cover. I believe my brother will be upset about it... If he gets the chance, he will definitely go. I did some reading online about the theme park, I guess I will go with him if we are going back again.
Oooo! It's thrilling! The sky has cleared, and now the entirety of Kuala Lumpur is visible!
I chose to step outside for a closer look despite my mother's disapproval.
As I reached the garden behind the Skyworlds Hotel, the clouds began to consume the view.
I thought I would take a selfie like this.
I discovered a plant that looks adorable, particularly because of the texture of its leaves. This is Pilea nummulariifolia 古錢冷水麻 so I plucked some back home.
I returned to the lobby, but the beautiful scene was no longer there.
On our journey to KL, we came across a massive traffic jam coming from the opposite direction. The traffic jam stretched from KL to the base of Genting Highlands, covering a distance of at least 20 km and could last for approximately six hours, according to the driver's experience and explanation.
In KL, no more cooling...
Traffic in Kuala Lumpur is known for its chaos, which is often disliked by many Malaysians.
OOOOOOO! The structure, the Petronas Twin Towers, has always been on my list of sights to see in person!
Our next staycation - Ascott Kuala Lumpur
It's great that they have their own brand of carpet.
Quite normal lobby
The shelving is unconventional yet distinctly unique.
Beautiful lighting
Wooden Ascott door card - Classic
Carpeted flooring - feels so soft
Noticed this similar printing on every level.
Wah! Wah! Check out our apartment at Ascott KL! It is an apartment!
Mini kitchen!
A minimalist living room featuring a television set and sofa!
As previously mentioned, a house gains a certain character with the addition of a carpet to its interior.
Spacious room! It's larger than my own room. Envious!
Spacious toilet too!
This apartment has two rooms and is ready for occupancy!
The size of this master bedroom is comparable to my room back in Singapore!
After getting our things in order, we decided to head out for lunch and some shopping.
Suria KLCC - Looked grand and large!
I loved how the mall was lit up with natural light.
Malaysia Flag in their iconic mall.
After lunch, I decided not to continue shopping. The reason? I wanted to settle my things in my own room (my uncle and auntie could not join on our trip) and there was something that I had been missing. And you see the studio apartment where I will be staying for the night! Wow! I absolutely adore this space!
I will be having this room all for myself!
Seriously, I adore this studio apartment! If I am loaded, I can imagine that I will get such a house for myself... oh well...
I could view the KL street from the window.
Clean toilet YES!
I had the whole bed for myself! YES!
The thing I missed, which I mentioned earlier, was the SWIMMING POOL!!!!!!!!
From this floor, the shopping mall is visible.
What a lovely and neatly tiled children's pool; I would love to take a photo here.
Another view of the city from the opposite side of the pool.
And, the best part is that there is a mini infinity pool with views of the city! Nice!
This is the ideal place to sunbathe, so let us undress and swim!
Some hiccups happened... My mother and elder brother were looking for me because they had returned to the hotel and wanted to go somewhere else; I assumed they were busy shopping at Suria KLCC (a large mall that I had sacrificed just to visit the swimming pool); however, my mother and elder brother became irritated because I demanded a 30-minute swim... They are unfamiliar with KL and require assistance in navigating the city. But but... I was angry because I knew I would not be able to swim today and would have to return late at night when the pool was closed. They seemed to have other plans for tomorrow morning... Sigh...
Reset my emotions, and we decided to take public transport to a destination, which happened to pass by these two iconic towers! As you can see... My mother and elder brother were both unhappy, but they were also trying to compose themselves despite my swimming nonsense.
Petronas Twin Tower
The building structure is so beautifully crafted that it resembles millipede body segments with bands. The symmetrical structure and line stripes provide an impressive view from the ground.
Fortunately, I travelled to KL with EK in 2022 and became familiar with their public transport, which has greatly benefited me.
I will never have trouble navigating using Google Maps. For this, I could show my mother and brother around and teach them how to travel in KL.
Teach them about purchasing the so-called tickets (tokens).
Many people commented that I should not be so stingy and should just Grab what I needed instead of taking public transport. They calculated that the cost of taking public transport is comparable to taking Grab.
I overheard my mother share with her sister that she took public transport to get to places, thank goodness she didn't complain.
My mother and elder brother wanted to repair their gadgets, so they looked for a phone accessories store and also wanted to visit a street market.
So I Googled one at random, and it suggested Lorong Street Market.
This appears to be a street market selling a wide range of dairy products and Malaysian cuisine prepared by locals. However, it was best not to set too high expectations for ourselves.
What you see is the Klang River, which stretches 70-80 km from Klang Gates Dam. If you sail on a small boat, you can avoid traffic!
It appeared that we were leaving the tourist zone and entering the residential zone. My mother and elder brother were not impressed. Personally, walking through the locals' lives is a unique experience.
It appeared that there was no phone accessories stall here... I told them there was a shopping mall nearby called Mega Mall. But, to my surprise, it is just a two-story narrow shophouse selling products like "mama shop."
Then I looked for another one nearby!
Haniffa Department Store. To be honest, they became more disappointed and jumpy about it... I assumed the department store would be of a certain standard, but I suppose different countries will have different varieties/meanings for the locals. Actually, if I were alone, I would visit this department because they have a large selection of Indian groceries at reasonable prices.
I told them that there is another larger mall nearby called Sogo.
I loved the ceiling in the Sogo's main hall, but one of the lights was out.
I purchased a belt and a pink shirt at a reasonable price. This is a mall for locals and those who are not interested in fancy mega malls.
But they still could not find the phone shop they were looking for... So we took the train down to Sunway Putra Mall. My mother and brother now know how to purchase the token and travel with ease. They found the store and were able to resolve their phone issues.
I did not take many photos at Sunway and went back to KLCC because I was tired...
The illuminated Twin Towers appeared metallic against the night sky.
We did not have a good flash, so the brightness emitted by the Twin Towers made us appear darker. At the very least, it alleviated my tiredness.
I discovered that the pool closed at 9 p.m., and it was 830 p.m., so I went up to the pool for a quick swim!
Admiring the night sky.
Moon tanning.
I realised I could not swim without my goggles...:( I cannot see what lies ahead of me.
So... just focusing on washing away my desire to swim will do.
I returned to my room without any clothes on! Crazy me!
I believe that if I have my own studio house, I will walk around in trunks or undies to avoid the hassle of washing extra clothes.
I really consider this my home. (imagination)
Maybe sleeping without clothes is cool!
Oops! I just realised that I had a Zoom meeting at 9pm... Fortunately, I was able to rush back in time to host the meeting, but they will not have to see my ugly side.
During the meeting, I became very sleepy and dreamed of another dimension.
Hmm... Where am I?
Oops! I went to another world again!
I cannot return!
Why was I brought here?
Even the fridge was empty, with no cold chill detected...
As if time stood still and quiet.
I tried to turn on the television, but it did not work.
Even the street outside the window remained still...
Like time had stopped moving.
Thinking back... At Genting, a similar situation occurred.
So my only option was to sleep my time off... zzzz...
When I opened my eyes...
Everything went back to normal. Thank goodness.
I guessed I just missed swimming already. After breakfast, I dashed up to the pool and attempted to recover myself.
I shall start here!
There was no one else using the pool!
Just me and my camera.
I can simply soak here for the entire morning.
But... where was the sun... :(
It is great to enjoy myself without any guards around.
Zoom in to have a closer look.
Honestly, without my goggles, I felt so blah... and my mother insisted that I pack my belongings earlier because they were going shopping with my relatives...
Feeling so struck... I wanted to sunbathe :(
I guessed I would not be able to return to my mother's room in the trunk because she would roast me.
Anyway, I needed some time to process my entire trip, so I did not take any photos of our day shopping trip and additional purchases... I decided not to type in the argument between my elder brother and one of my aunties about the luggage check-in arrangement.
Reached KL airport.
Sigh... there was tension and drama at the airport while checking in... I was too tired to even type it here. I understand both sides of the argument and given their temperaments and personalities... Everything would be fine if everyone could just calm down and be humble instead of jumpy and angry...
Oh well... My elder brother's original intention to unite everyone was good, but now no one wants to let go...
I looked outside the window... My fears had become a reality...
Travelling allows you to get to know each other's personalities very well... either it builds good relationships, or it destroys them...
Maybe everyone was just too tired and wanted to go back.
I hope it does not manifest any further...
Everyone had a safe trip, but eventually... my elder brother refused to let go, and the situation deteriorated... sigh... I can only offer a bitter smile...
Overall, this trip was enjoyable, and there was so much to discover; I would like to return and explore different aspects of Genting and KL. I will not say much and leave the negative vibe behind...

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog