Saturday, September 14, 2024

Trip - Genting Highlands Day 2

Good Morning Blog,

I awoke a few times in an unfamiliar room, but I knew I was safe; nothing strange had happened that I did not want to experience, especially since someone had shared similar experiences just before I travelled. In general, I feel safe and taken care of.

I looked out my window, and it was misty again. I realised there was no need to install an air conditioning unit because we could simply open the window slightly and enjoy the cool air.
The second day in Genting Highlands was another full day for me to explore the place, I wanted to fully utilise the day!

I woke up at around 6 am to get ready for breakfast together. When I arrived at the meeting place, no one showed up. It turns out I misread my messages; we were actually planning to meet at 8:30 am. I have some extra time to sleep now!
Insert Silent Hill music again. The morning time really hits the right note because you barely see anyone around.
When I looked around, I noticed a few staff members warming up their bodies with some cigarettes. Maybe it wasn't a cloud at Genting, but smoke that caused the mist.
The scene was both chilling and emotionally moving, creating a powerful impact. It was a beautifully crafted moment.
Welcome to Morning Silent Genting!
How I wish to stay in such an environment. I can definitely grow beautiful plants with no issues - cool and high humidity.
Day 2 - Everyone was still okay with one another.
My mother's sister's group photo. Sadly, one of them can't go on this trip.
Hmm, we had to go further away from Skyworlds for breakfast. It was on the fifth storey.
If I were alone and it was my first time here, I would confirm that I am lost.
What a big hall restaurant for breakfast!
Love the ceiling here
let's check the breakfast here!
Quite spacious for breakfast
But we need to be extremely careful about our steps. Some people are too busy looking for food and forget about it. They should do something about it, especially for the elderly around.
The breakfast options here were impressive.
Even as a vegetarian with limited food options, I eat a lot of eggs in the morning.
The world's largest... what? Complete your title!
Oooo! No more misty! Clear sky!
Natural light from the sky enters the shopping malls.
Do you prefer natural light or artificial lighting?
While shopping, I noticed this facial product... I told myself that maybe it was time for me...
...look after my fat face already. Vain am I.
Visit this indoor theme park in Genting Highlands. This indoor park has been in operation since I was a child.
My mother and I decided to buy this jelly pack, which I found to be good without any sugar and recommended that we consume one pack per day, particularly the probiotic. This is something I need.
And a mushroom pizza just for me.
After lunch, I decided to return to my room and take a power nap... before our next meeting.
By the way, I really hate to wear disposable undies because it was so loose and large (free-size) that I had to do some modifications to feel at ease. No more disposable undies!
Now, where were we?
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea... I simply followed the group...
...they were on their way to try the durian festival!
Hmm... People take pictures of beautiful scenery, but I take one to show how foggy it is here!
While looking at this scene, I simply enjoyed the music playlist that was playing in my mind.
But the durian scent got into my stomach, and the desire to eat durian was so strong that I forgot about it.
My first time smelling durians in cold weather, which made them smell amazing!
They really looked good!
They had a variety of durians in different grades for customers to try!
Cheers, Auntie!
(Credit Uncle E) Everyone can now bring the scent of durian back into their rooms today.
Instead of returning to our rooms and resting, I chose to explore one of Genting's adventurelands.
And I picked this. I wanted to visit other adventure lands as well, but I had a limited budget.
Ripley's Believe it or not! Odditorium @ Genting Highlands
The first figure to greet us at the entrance was Major General Daniel E. Sickles, who lost his right leg to a cannonball shot and had to have it amputated. His broken right bones were then displayed in a museum, which he visited frequently. Hmm, to be honest... What is so special about it? So... He lost his leg? Is that all?
I opened a door that said to open it, and this is what I found! 😂 I will be more stocked if I see a naked man!
Someone is actually building a Ferrari from the kitchen floor. Looks sick!
Next session of Believe it or Not.
Albert Smith - one-armed paper hanger. Impressive because I have only seen it done in an older video, and I can tell it is not easy!
J.T. Saylors could shallow his nose!
I tried, but even if I could, I would not want to because my nose is oily and unpleasant to taste.
Ooo! My mind sees me as having a fat body. Yes, that is how I see myself 🫠🫠🫠 Please save me... I am just kidding; I know I will offend a lot of people.
I'm feeling like a king right now!
Interesting artwork here.
Johnny Eck was a remarkable individual who lived his life without the lower half of his body. Despite only having half of his torso, he was able to accomplish far more than most people. Respect!
It's fascinating to see artwork created from coffee beans! Indeed, if I am given a large canvas and apply my computer knowledge, I could create this too.
Just like this one: by reducing the resolution of an image, you can distil it down to its basic colours and then assemble each colour into individual sections. But it's still impressive!
I can feel some sadness in this lady... But based on the description... 
She had a positive personality and spirit. I have to respect her Grace McDaniels.
OOOO! Vampire Woman - Maria Cristina
To be honest, this wax figure was so real.
Trash or Art?
A mixture of trash artwork
After pressing the large button, a light shone onto the artwork from the front...
Behind the artwork, a pair of mice are holding cheese.
Amazing artwork by using packing tape to form an artwork!
Another one.
Dedication is the key.
I'm still wondering how they did this.
This artist greatly admires Tom Cruise. He is my idol as well.
With a closer inspection... This artwork was made from dots.
I may not know much about it, but I would love to have a robot as my buddy.
It was fascinating; the fan caused each bead to move like a wave.
I appreciate artwork depicting a spread-winged eagle because they appear so majestic, especially when composed of butter knives.
Wooden box houses are indeed intriguing!
At this moment... I felt something wrong with this place...
Oooo! Next session with the theme of a spacecraft!
Like many boys, I too dreamed of becoming a pilot or an astronaut.
A collection of any space-related stuff
OOOO! Patches!
This one is my favourite patch - Astronauts Memorial Foundation Dedication Patch!
This is one of my favourite jackets that exudes masculinity. Unfortunately, my short physique doesn't complement it well.
Wow! Let's board this spacecraft.
Upon entering, I found myself in space!
For a moment, I was enjoying the layout, but it didn't last as long as I wished. I hoped for more substantial and proper improvements...
Somehow, there was a questionable feeling that I couldn't quite articulate... perhaps it was this place... I'm not sure.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide an explanation of African art and teach me how to enjoy these works.
I would like to appreciate this form of artwork from the past.
I've noticed that everything here is quite raw, but it still shows interesting patterns and thoughtful concepts.
Especially when carving out the shape and curve of a wood with limited tools and coloured inks. They usually used it for rituals or storytelling. Functional, but also attractive and distinctive. I can only admire the effort put into these artworks, rather than like them...
Different colours of light will highlight a specific colour. This is an old trick, but it is impressive to see on a large scale.
Steal the jewel. Hmm... not a very nice jewel, but let me try! I know this trick, but it is entertaining.
Looks cheap. Why not use a real one? Hahaha
What an enormous elephant! Are they really this tall?
Tyres made lion
Well done artwork
Oooo! Hey, Avelino Perez Matos! You are one of my worst nightmares; I can not even look at your face for more than a few seconds... My heart will come out of my ribcage! Argh!
Torture devices are painful! But the bond was interesting. 😁
Another tyre's huge artwork!
Honestly, I am not sure what this is anymore. When I calmed down, I began to think about the question that had been on my mind... Like there is something wrong with this place... Was I supposed to see or know about strange and unusual events and items? However, 85% of what I saw was art, sculpture, or, in some cases, illusion. As if I were in a science centre. But I should stop complaining so much and instead learn to appreciate it.
I noticed a vegetarian Malay dish on the Samtai menu! Yummy!
After that, I decided to purchase another serum cream (an expensive one) containing retinol and peptide ingredients that my cousin and colleagues claimed were beneficial. I will have to buy more in the future.
At night, my older brother reserved the VIP karaoke room for uncles and aunts to sing their hearts out.
For my part, I simply assisted them in song selection.
And when was my turn?
I tried once and, to my surprise, was able to impress one uncle, who continued to compliment me on my singing abilities throughout the trip. Unfortunately, I can only sing certain songs... because my throat is rusted... I am no longer able to sing the songs I used to.
Day 2 was exhausting, but I still felt like I had not accomplished enough... Maybe I did not get to explore the areas outside the buildings... I wish I could go back there one day.
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog