Saturday, September 7, 2024

Hiking - Rain and Shine

Hi Blog,

After recovering from an illness and being free this weekend, I thought to myself, "I should go for a hike."!

Looking through my new camera with a CPL filter lens, I observed that it rendered the sky in the photographs more vibrant.
I plan to keep it simple for my new "photographer" by hiking from my place to Bukit Timah, although I initially considered exploring other locations.


My photographer advised me to hasten my preparations...
Hmm... I wondered why it said that...
Ooh... The weather appeared gloomy.
I suppose it won't impact my decision. Let's proceed!
Oh no... 
I guess I understand why... The sky started to darken.
I should have known the rain was coming. I guess Heaven knew I wanted to hike in the rain! :D
Luckily, I decided to hike to Bukit Timah instead of exploring elsewhere. I shouldn't risk jeopardizing my upcoming family's overseas trip.
Weekends at MacRitchie Park usually have many hikers. As they were leaving, I was entering the park in the opposite direction.
The strong gusts of wind shook the entire forest...
From my observation, I was the only one doing the opposite of others. Besides, my weird attire and unusual behaviour only drew more judgment from the hikers.
The rain started to pour!
Showering starts!
Weirdo enjoyed the rain!
It has been a while since I hiked this path.
Wow! There has been a new change! There's a new path to Upper Pierce!
It got my interest and I will definitely return.!
What a heavy downpour! I can't properly use my phone when rainwater gets on the screen.
It seemed like the heavier the rain was, the sooner it would end.
I'm glad I didn't wear my white trisuit. I tend to avoid wearing white during the weekend when there are a lot of hikers around. The black trisuit was perfect, especially for the rainy weather. It made me look like I was still dry, but in reality, I was a little more soaked than it appeared.
Many hikers were trapped under the shelter, but I didn't pay attention to their judgment and continued my journey.
Sometimes I wonder... should I bring an umbrella in the future?
Muddy ground usually makes me feel disgusted and I tend to avoid it, but since my shoes and socks were soaked, I guess it won't affect me that much.
What do you know... The rain started to stop!
I have the option to go left or right. Which one do you think I will choose? Before you scroll down, make a quick guess.
Did you guess the correct answer? I took the right 👉
I felt so rejuvenated. Fortunately, I was spared a cold wind or rain that collected from the high clouds. If they hadn't, I could have become sick.
I am not sure why, but I feel like this path is becoming more and more narrow.
Wow! Something new! This river stream had a few rocks to help hikers cross it when I had hiked it before, but now it had a proper bridge! To be honest though, I still like the way it used to look.
Those who are unfamiliar with this path will never be able to appreciate its beauty.
Oh gosh... My remote cannot sync with my camera...
I attempted to connect the two devices and perform a factory reset. But it won't... So frustrating...
I wanted to take some photos but I was in no mood.
I finally made it to civilisation after a slow, muddy walk!
What do you know... I just realised... Based on the picture I had previously taken, my camera had actually located the remote device and was waiting for me to click on it to confirm. Stupid of me.
Just now, the sun is shining after it had rained! From the road in the distance, I can see water evaporating (like a mist).
I suppose the CPL lens does a good job of dimming the sky. The next time, I will make a comparison to verify its impact.
In comparison to my previous camera, the quality and clarity of my new photographer (camera) are the best. Despite the fact that I discovered there was an online sale with a 45% discount... My wallet still hurts.
The same, well-known location
Additionally, the colour is fairly rich.
Oh no... I wasted the battery life of both my camera and remote because I could not get them to sync. Running low right now...
Then there would be no way to verify by removing the filter. Next time, I will give it another shot.
The majestic sky, perspective, and angle. Thanks to insta360!
Rifle Range Nature Park appears to have a new path, but I do not have the time to explore it.
My body lacks tone and is extremely fat. So depressing...
I am feeling incredibly struck... I tried, but I am not working hard enough, according to the fitness gods. Well, I guess I will just keep living.
The primary motivation for the walk was to obtain this plant from colorich plant in order to replace the deceased one.
I make the same decisions about my hiking experiences rain or shine: fat or not, I should not let that stop me from accepting who I am; dead or alive, if given the chance and money to spare, I should try again.

Jeff


2 comments:

  1. Don't be overly concern about looks. You are still the jovial Jeff I know, staying healthy is more important 😊anyway it will be better to have at least raincoat or poncho in future. Don't stay soaked for too long, no good for health. 💪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for your assurance.
      You are right that I should carry a poncho :D My next purchase!

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog