Monday, January 30, 2023

Blog - January Overview

Hi Blog,

Wow... 2022 was over. Time really flies! From my nuisance posts in the beginning where I was trying to find meaning of blogging until now I can't stop blogging. I guess it is the joy and journey of self-discovery.

Struck in the web of loop but definitely breaking away from it slowly.

Let's see what January had installed for me.

1st Jan 2023 - First Day of new year, I went and attended a bonding session with the elderly. Had a simple meal and activities. Glad they enjoyed themselves :)

2nd Jan 2023 - 2023 First Hike
(Click here to read more)

3rd Jan 2023 - Trisuit Theme #73
(Click here to view more)

4th Jan 2023 - Just happened to hear one of my old school classmates, V, she just passed away... So my long time never met classmates agreed to find time to meet up to attend her wake. V's sudden health conditions within less than a month, made her left her two young kids behind... Life and death are inevitable... And unpredictable... For now, we just need to learn to treasure whoever still can call out your name. As everyone is busy with their circle of lives, sometimes it is good to pause for a while to look around and connect.

5th Jan 2023 - Even like colleague who is going to retire, after this simple party... When will it be our next meet up besides text one another or bump to one another. Like flipping a book, the next chapter started, we seldom look back chapters... Good bye Mdm T, we don't chat much but thanks for taking care of the school humbly.

6th Jan 2023 - Speaking of catching up, thanks to YL for hosting for Jan birthday babies and old mates together. We know one another for like 30+ years and still continue to work together. Even though, I am still the weirdo as compared to the rest... And seeing my friends and my crush still living happily in their lives... There is nothing much I want to ask and be there to let them I am still here. I think I am just like the string attached to a book to help to bookmark the pages for readers; even though most people will only remember the content and design of the book but it's okay. A satisfied reader or great book is what I will like to witness in my life.

7th Jan 2023 - Today I brought my regular retirees to my favorite Great Banyan Tree, they were very happy to witness the awesome of the grand tree and one amazing thing about today's hike, I found another new path to explore further. I will share more in my next post.

10th Jan 2023 - Yes! My first jog of 2023 and I shall wear my favourite colour suit for a slow jog. I will try to wear this colour trisuit more often. I also started to use a new phone - Google Pixel and put my Huawei phone as my spare. The quality of the images taken by Google Pixel is impressive!

12th Jan 2023 - Happy Bday to ZL and EK. I spent more than a month to plotted a surprise party for both of them. Detailed planning and backup to make it happen. Thanks to my friends to cooperate and acting like nothing happened before we threw in the birthday cake and song.

14th Jan 2023 - Left Side of Keppel Hill
(Click here to read more)

14th Jan 2023 - After my hike, I travelled all the way to Qian hu and bumped into Dr L. What a small world - there was a delay at the cashier and I could not get the free shutter back; so I walked out along the road where I bumped to him. Thanks for sending me home.

15th Jan 2023 - W and I started our first 2023 swim together but Miss Sky just tricked us with a rainy sky for a while and Mr Sun did not allow that to happen for our first swim.

17th Jan 2023 - Wow! What a small world to bump into one of my followers - T. I don't go to Nex unless required and T doesn't stay or work nearby; co-incidentally we bumped into one another at Greendot. Had a short conversation and a great feeling to be surprised. What an arrangement by Heaven.

22nd Jan 2023 - CNY Day 1, I received a gigantic red packet (Hong Bao) from my elder brother; it was not like the typical size packet. I will save it for rainy day as I don't keep the hong bao and return it all to my mother. My failed OOTD - Giordano outfit... why fail? because I looked so short with the shirt tucked out... Envied those tall dudes... I just buttoned up and tucked in throughout. And in the first house visit... my social quota was burned up quite fast... luckily I had not finished my drawing and I can spend some time drawing quietly... I guess when I am just a meh, who will want to engage in a meaningful conversation with me and I can only reach out to the people who sat around me. Hope my blog, you know that I like my drawing so I tried to complete my Rabbit Zodiac for the year... it has been a while since I decided to pick up the pencil. Anyway, once I hit home... I bathed and KO immediately... Still got Day 2 to go...

23rd Jan 2023 - CNY Day 2. Almost the same attire as my first but this attire was some older clothes. Today was just a meh. I decided to spend some time drawing my unfinished past Zodiac - the Pig and Rat. Just meh... and tiring...

24th Jan 2023 - CNY Day 3, I thought can go for a hike in the morning but it was raining... and so I spent my time finishing my unfinished drawing for the 2019 Zodiac Pig to express my time today and getting ready for the 2020 Zodiac Rat. Hopefully, I can complete that. Oh yes, Blog. The bottom two were drawing from the kids yesterday, they were trying to draw me, and I thought that it was cute and wasted if I just took it lightly. I need to learn to appreciate what it is.

26th Jan 2023 - Oh my! Finally! Miss Sky decided to stop raining for a while. I took this chance to have a slow jog. My fat is started growing... So unmotivated.

27th Jan 2023 - Today I learned from uncle E that near my workplace, there is a new swimming facility - HometeamNS Bedok. I went and fell in love with it; beautiful new facilities, toilet and so-called infinity pool where you can look over Bedok Reservoir. best of all (for now) less crowded because it is quite isolated and not easily accessible, unlike Safra Tampiness but I will visit Safra and rotate my visit.

28th Jan 2023 - Today was the 7th Day of the Chinese New Year. I spent some time visiting M and her mother, and had a simple catch-up session. Glad M does not have any health issues.

29th Jan 2023 - AM - K had fixed my waifu. She had been "hospitalised" due to her unknown rear tyres leaking... K explained to me... the tubeless sealant had dried up and worked VERY HARD to stop any air leakage from my old tyres. I guessed this is the Con for having a tubeless setup. I go back to tube tyres, as all I want is to take my waifu to the quiet place again. Welcome back my waifu.

29th Jan 2023 - PM - After bringing my waifu back, I rushed down to meet up with my ex-students and Mrs Y. Glad they are doing well and humbly. This gathering has become our yearly affair and we will continue to do so.


30th Jan 2023 - FINALLY! I managed to complete my drawing for all 12 Zodiac! I guessed my drawing style had changed over the years; from simple to complex. I will try to continue to draw the zodiac of the Dragon for 2024, the Snake for 2025 and the Horse for 2026; because the style (drew by sketchbook app) does not match the latest ones.
January was filled with many social events, really burned up my social quota quickly... Let's see what is next for Feb.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog