Sunday, June 14, 2015

Trip - Exploring Pulau Pangkor

Hi Blog,

Finally I reached Ipoh :) safely, missed that place and my brother, ZK welcomed me back. Thank you!

together with Nice morning sun that warmed my heart.
I know him since he was young and it was Great to see some of the familiar faces again! :)

======================================

Due to the unavailability of a return ticket on Sunday, I decided to stay one more day in Ipoh and my bro, ZN, wanted to bring me to Pulau Pangkor - Pangkor Island which is near Ipoh and requires to take a ferry at Lumut, Perak.

Let's go!
Wet road and lucky it didn't last long
Spotted a Famous Shopping mall and it is Massive!
=============================================

Rainy Morning, we set off early and took 1 hour+ to reach there. Thanks goodness the bumpy route is a straight road and somehow directed by GPS.

Overall view where the harbour is
Low tide during that moment
Selfie started
As when we reached that jetty, the first time we can do is admire the scenery and purchased the tickets from the counter, Which costs RM$10 each. The assistant promoted to us some resorts and exciting things to do on the island - RM$80 to stay in a resort room, blue star sand, snorkelling etc. well, for us, we just want to explore the island ourselves :)

Welcome to Pulau Pangkor
Overall view of the Island
Quick purchase for tickets
Pose in front of a door which leads to nowhere
Hello. Anyone there?
====================================================

On the ferry, a photography session is a must. Haha... We did jump shots, wefie and selfies, and I did my Jeffie style.

Love the sight of the Sea
Jump into the sea
second try and looked funny
I will stick to my own jump shot. and I love this shot. :D Don't you?
Reaching sooner
After 15mins of sailing and past by a few islands, we reached Pulau Pangkor - where the villagers rely on fishing for a living. 

Pose for the shot
My handsome brother, ZN.
Keep your hands up. Keep your hands up!
Okay. Here is the map of Pangkor Island.


===============================================

- Pangkor Jetty @ Pangkor Town

Typical port scene. The ticket booth person told us to drop at the second stop, Pangkor Jetty.
There are three kinds of travelling mode in this Island
1) by renting a car for RM$60
2) by renting a motorcycle for RM$15
3) by taxi van for unknown price
Quiet and humble village
I was paranoid about motorcycles, so we decided to rent a car to explore the whole island beaches.
WAH! This sign caught our attention!
The available activities on this island
=================================================

- Monkey and Nipah Bay

Our first stop was Nipah Bay, where we spotted a lot of taxi vans parking there - a popular spot.

where you see Speedboats and PEOPLE!!!!
Hahaha... Can't wait to jump into the water.
Wefie :D
Fat VS Slim
Getting ready to jump in.
Welfie before I kept my phone.
===============================================

- Teluk Dalam Jetty

Our second stop was North side of the Island - Teluk Dalam Jetty. It was a quiet place away from tourists. 

Basically, nobody is here.
It is at low tide, looks like a mangrove area. Oh, LOOK! Villagers! 
Look at the low tide.
Seaweed! I regret I didn't pick it back.
Bro was handed a harvesting knife by the villagers to dig out oysters or clams. 
Acting cool.
Okay! have to fly away from the tides. It is coming up now.
Hahaha. He sure knows how to jump. :D
Yup. that was a high jump.
=================================================

- Turtle Bay

Our third stop was turtle bay, thinking we might see some turtles there. Well... No. We see a beautiful beach but try not to swim far, as the current of the wave is strong.

Praise God for such beautiful beach.
Nice, right?
Found a Live Sea-Urchin! 
Look how fine the sands feel.
Strong waves too.
Relaxing bro Hahah
My favourite shot :) Model - ZN
Water is getting higher now.
He surely knows how to get a good shot and pose. :)
Fine sands with his name. 
for me, I found Dog's footprint.
=================================================

- Pasir Bogak Beach

Our fourth stop has a lot of activities - snorkeling and boat riding. But the sands at this beach is not that clean or fine - kind of dirty in some way. But we took a few videos of us running in slow motion. :D (here is the link for the video https://twitter.com/jeff1u/status/621950907006095360)

le me on Speedboat!
Camera, light and sound!
Breathe in. Smile!
So we continued to explore beaches and drove around the island. We were heading from the East side of the island up to the North, then down to Coral Beach because it seems like we missed out on this beach.

Let's GO! and Haha... all this while, we are in our trunks and wet the seat. Sorry I didn't bring my towel!
=====================================================

- Coral Beach

Our last beach (probably) was Coral Beach, which is not easily spotted. And OH MY! It is our MOST satisfying beach of all - No strong waves, beautiful sands and less crowded. 

Look at it!
Interesting giant "carpet" made by rope and Beach-Bathing by the beauty of this beach!
Look at how clean and fine the sand is.
Wait for me, bro.
okay! let's play sands!
Selfie with Beautiful sands
Breathe in for Epic shoot.
Check out the weather for that day. :3
Beach Fatboy!
Should I sunbathe?
Okay. He floated and sunbath at the same time.
Can you find ZN?
I think I will hide under the shade first to prevent sunburn.
Wooden Fish and fattie. :3
CHEER!
Love this piece of Art.
Found a hammock - relaxation session.

Swing swinging
and watching others playing
Nice doggy going around savaging leftover food.
Lunchtime, we went back to Monkey Bay for a meal. For me, I bought a errr... I forgot the name. 

My lunch
I realised I have been walking around in this attire. Well... I am sexy and I know it. Joking just joking
Somewhere in between Turtle Bay and Pasir Bogak Beach, there is a tower where you can catch a nice view of the ocean.

:3
Going up the stair to observatory area. 
Sadly we can't capture the beautiful sea with us.
Waiting for me to finish my selfie.
Love spiral stair
Once again, take another picture with this signage.
Back to Pasir Bogak Beach, we bought icecream bread for RM$4. 
=========================================================

- Teluk Sekadas

Our last stop was the southern side of Pangkor - what we saw is many Kampongs and a Dutch Port. 

Dutch Port

It was time to return the car, we had a great time and safe ride, credit to ZN.

Can see on his face, he was very tired.
Thank you bro :)
On our way back with a tired face.
Overall, it is a fresh experience exploring this island. Highly recommend it to those who love beaches and water activities. I will go there again with an underwater camera :) I will land on Pangkor Island next time.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog