Friday, January 10, 2014

Hobby - Rubik's Cube

Hi Blog,

When I was young, I saw a weird looking cube which has six faces with nine stickers, each face has one solid colour - Red, Orange, Yellow, White, Blue and Green. Then I started to scrambled it, thinking I can return it original form and regretted. In the end, I cheated! Hahaha... I took out the sticker one by one, and pasted it back. There was nothing to be proud of by doing so. So I just left it on the shelves. After more than 20 years later, I found a rubik's cube in my computer lab, then I decided to seek Google, my teacher for help and this was a journey with no return. I got hooked up! XD

What? Blog. what is a Rubik's cube?

Different types of Rubik's cube
Rubik's cube is a 3D combination puzzle created since 1974. Like I mentioned before, it  has six faces with nine stickers, each face has one solid colour - Red, Orange, Yellow, White, Blue and Green, where the colours are opposite one another - red opposite orange, yellow opposite white, blue opposite green. Inside the cube has a simple mechanism pivot allows the cube to rotate and turn independently.

Disassemble parts of Rubik's cube.
The purpose of playing Rubik's cube is to scramble and return it to its correct position. You can challenge yourself to solve the cube within a shorter time. Very Challenging!!!!!! Some expert speedcubing can solve the scrambled cube less than 30 secs!

Anyway, I will share with you a few videos which I find it useful for you to learn how to solve a Rubik's cube. My Rubik's cube teacher Dan Brown, he is a great youtuber and I mastered in solving Rubik's cube after a few practices, not fast enough but at least I managed to solve it! GREAT ACHIEVEMENT!!!


In order to solve the scrambled cube, we need to remember the basic movements and algorithms. As you are more familiar with those basic algorithms, you can take your time to learn more newer and difficult algorithms which help you to solve the cube faster. 

There are no right or wrong algorithms. Algorithms are making to allow players to solve the cube at their own pace so we have to be patience in learning and mastering the algorithms.

Here I will share with you another video from this youtuber, and I found his video is useful once you understand the basic. His clear explanation and interactive ways to teach the world in solving Rubik's cube is impressive. :)


If you feel those videos are not helping you enough, then you can click here and tell me you understand it completely. Personally, I will prefer someone who teaches than from words.

This is my personal transparent Rubik's Cube. :)
Sexy, isn't it :D

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog