Thursday, January 4, 2018

Blog - My RSS Setup

Hi Blog,

Recently I was wondering how to make my blog update to appear on an app with notification. Then I bumped to a word, "RSS".

Ever since I blogged or read other bloggers, I will see a series of logo at a corner of a page along with instagram and facebook logos, and I don't know what is the wifi-like logo for. I bet you won't know either, don't be surprised. It was due to not massively promoted as compared to Instagram. Now I got an idea what it is.

For easy reference from my lousy English, you can read this blogger's post or how to subscribe to RSS (link).

=============================================


What is RSS?

In general, RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. hmmmm... for me, I still won't get it. To make it simpler, RSS feed is like a News Feed which listed out the recent updates to a website or blog. It can be useful when you wanted to visit a blog for updates but there wasn't, that will be completely wasted of time; so you need an app to help you.

Check out those YouTube videos below for more information on how RSS works.


Setting Up a RSS on your phone

With RSS, you can download an app - Newsify which available for iOS and Android, to catch up your favourite blogs or websites easily. Here are the steps of setting up.

For iSO, Go to AppStore and search for RSS, look for Newsify RSS. You can try other RSS apps too.
Find a + sign to add in the website or blog. As for me, I will try with my own blog address.
There are three options... Hmmm honestly, Just pick either one of it, it will still work the same.
But after testing all three, best selection will be picking ATOM option than RSS because it will load quick update than RSS.
TADA! It appeared!
Oh my! They will show the posts with days and timings, but I doubt it will show ALL my past blog pages.
A simple plain reading unless you click on 'Read More' then it will load to my original blog post.
At least, there was a notification on the app, which was very useful for readers if I have any update but it will not notify immediately as you compared with Bloglovin app (read up more).

Everything has its own pros and cons; but... it can’t show any older posts In my blog...
===============================================

You can subscribe to my blog now by clicking on the logo below. :D

SUBSCRIBE NOW!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog