Monday, December 11, 2023

Personal - No Water Island Visit

Good Morning Blog,

XY and BW decided to take a trip to Lazarus Island while they were both in Singapore. XY had to return to Singapore temporarily to sort out his citizenship issues and BW had some leave days to spare. It was a farewell for XY and a first-time experience for BW.

Thank Heaven for such a sunny morning.
I decided to take a trip to the island, as I had not visited it with my close friends for a long time. I expected it to be a fun and relaxing experience.



hmm... I remembered that I had a pair of water shoes in my cupboard. They would be perfect for walking on the rocky shore and avoiding any cuts or injuries. I decided to put them on and see how they felt.
Aww... no need to squeeze in the train with the commuters and perfect moment for photography without any judgement except that big red X disagreed.
Familiar harbour again! Good Morning!
Yes! I still got a discount for my ticket and even XY and BW also got discounted!
I thought it would be a rainy day but the weather seemed otherwise 😁
Hmm... we were asked to take a smaller ferry this time as the bigger one was for an army event, which meant the island would be crowded.
Smaller ferry meaning it will be slower... to spice up the whole slow "ship-ation" (situation) It went to Kusu Island first!
But we were lucky today as I scanned through... No one has walked to Lazarus Island... That's odd.
Continue to snap a picture of this rundown harbour before it is removed completely. I love how it looks as if it connects to another side.
It's funny to see how XY and BW challenged one another on their photography skill and compared their phone photo quality. You see which one you like? Android seems richer in colour than Apple.
Mr Sun welcomed us on the island by warming my heart.
oooo! A large group of people hanging around here... They (many young dudes) were from the army, it seemed like it was an army retreat.
(Credit BW) It seemed like we were the first after all! The only path that connects the two islands looked like the broken harbour.
(Credit BW) Ugly Nerd (me) with the Cute and Handsome ones. Let's go!
Along the way to Lazarus Island, since we were travelling together to Taiwan-Japan during June and since JJ is officially BW's girlfriend and also went on the trip together. Somehow JJ was not happy during some parts of the trips... so I decided to discuss my unpleasant experience (because they were not the ones whom I had conflict with) that I had during the trip and heard them out. I am glad that they fully understand what I have gone through and tried their best to talk to them behind my back during the trip. Appreciate that gesture.
I felt lightened now after having a heart-to-heart talk. I understand I don't expect others to agree on the same page as how or what I think, but I will appreciate that we learn and understand from one another especially when I am standing in the minority or on the unconventional side... (Usually, I have zero issues with relieving how the general public/majority thinks and after some thought, I decided on taking the unusual path) plus I am not strong in articulation the deep thought process that I have in my mind... patience and signs of understanding from another party will be what I hoped. Oh well... Never mind... I don't wish to think back to what had happened in the past... I doubt that person who decided to stay away and continue to misunderstand this shxtty me... I just accept it.
I am just a shxt after all.
Anyway, back to the topic. As usual, I will go to my favourite shelter since XY and BW left to explore the nearby toilet and other parts of the island... I will sit back to guard their bags and have my ugly photo sessions.
Oh wah! The sun was strong today! I could barely open my eyes widely.
Ooo! Another shot of a path which connects to another side. Hahaha.
Anyway, let's go down for a good swim but I was a bit shy because there were a lovely couple and Western already took over the beach. I hope they won't judge me...
I will put down the judgement on myself first...
...and thanked Miss Sky for cheering me up.
Yes, Mr Sun. Hahaha... Thank you for being kind to me.
Let's go!
YES! Nice cool water and soft sand running through my legs! But... the couple came and warned me that there were jellyfish in the water, as he got struck by it.
I tried to look carefully! Oh my! He was right! I could spot a few jellyfish here. Can you spot it? The clue is the shadow. Look at the dark shadow above my head (last pic). No wonder, I felt stingy in the past when I was in the water, and I got uncomfortable. So the discovery made me realise that whatever I thought in the past was true; there are jellyfish! No wonder no one swam in the water today because they felt it.
There was a closer look at the Aloe vera jelly. (How I wish I had a container to have a closer look) Want to apply on your face? So meaning... No more water activity for today 😭 hence the title.
After a while, the group of army boys cycled to the shelter and parked their bikes, as they wanted to have a group photo together. Even though, I would want to offer my help for the group photo... But I was judged by many eyes... They had better bodies than me, as some of them just went shirtless (must be their officers) so... I better stay away and trust no one will mess up our belongings.
I guessed... It was really a "No Water Island"...
Luckily, XY brought a frisbee and we had a few rounds of throwing games.
And I decided to snap a picture of ourselves engaging in the game.
(Credit XY) BW and XY decided to pause the game and went for more pictures elsewhere.
(Credit XY and BW) I forgot to bring my camera and phone along. XY and BW wanted to help snap pictures for me... but somehow... they just spam-snapped and ensured that they got the unglamorous side of me. 😂😂😂 I told XY and BW to move to ST John island so I could swim in the water and also explore the island there.
After packing up, I decided to snap pictures myself as I couldn't trust my photos on their phone.
(Credit XY) XY told me that he could hold my camera while I took some pictures but BW just wanted to get in the way. Hahaha! Stay away from my camera! BW!
BW (the richer one) bought beverages for XY and me. It costs $2.50 2x the price than the mainland.
We arrived at ST John Beaches.
XY didn't want to go to the water and just wanted to play phone.
BW felt that the ST John beaches were not nice compared to Lazarus.
Long time I had not taken pictures of the giant words. My camera can't capture everything in one go.
While BW and XY had their game matches, I just went and explored the old place.
It seemed like I wouldn't be able to come here again anymore because they were going to put a new lock on the door.
Wow, look at this grass! It's so much taller and thicker than before. I can barely see the path anymore.
My last photo in this place. Goodbye, prison cell. I surely missed this place.
Back to the beach.
I went in the water, safe from jellyfish!
(Credit XY) BW does not like rough sand beaches and somehow dirty water, so he tries to stay away from the water and wants to go to Kusu Island.
(Credit XY) But... Observing the weather and wind movement... I think we can't go to Kusu Island...
I love how dramatic the sky was which makes a nice shot for XY.
(Credit XY) I love how someone returned the shot for me :)
(Credit XY) Sadly, I can't soak in the water because it was in low tide mode...
(Credit XY) Trying to snap as many pictures together as possible because who knows when we will be doing this again...
After a while... Miss Sky had brought Storm to our island...
You can see that it started to get ready.
So we can't go to Kusu Island... even though I wanted to...
We don't have any umbrellas with us so time to return home.
Thunderstrike!
Rain!!!!!!
and we were safe on the ferry.
Thank you Miss Sky for delaying the rain until we left the island.
Today I didn't get a chance to swim in the water due to jellyfish... I guess I need to have a backup plan to entertain myself... Besides Suntanning... sleeping might be my only plan haha... Maybe I will explore the island since I don't bring the tent anymore... I will return again.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog