Saturday, January 8, 2022

Trip - Sentosa Adventure Cove

Hi Blog,

Yes! My first long post for 2022 was to visit a new place. As title, can't say it is a new place. It had been there for years, after the closure of hmm I am kind of forgotten which was it already...

Ah! I remembered! It was named Fantasy Island Sentosa. What a nostalgic feel and too bad, I didn't snap pictures of it.
Today trip to Adventure Cove, I will make sure that I tried my best to document it.

Here I am, the nerd shxt trip!
After meeting up with my friends, XY and WC who wanted to spend their rediscovered vouchers before it expired. I told them that I have not visited Cove before so, they agreed to go with me.
The three guys at different age groups.
The water welcomed us to the island, I wondered how that place be like.
Hmm, I was surprised to learn that cove is near USS and Sea Aquarium. I have never spared a brain cell to register "Cove" within my database.
Interesting ceiling, if I could stand right in the center of this zone, it might be an interesting illusion.
One thing which made us happy is when not much crowd to take pictures here.
Oooo! It is just near Sea Aquarium! Thanks goodness, it was a control number during this COVID situation, the crowd was manageable and I can imagine days especially weekends or holidays...
Entrance of Sentosa Adventure Cove - One Day ticket for adult costs SGD$32, and child will be SGD$24
I believe there are better cove's posts about that place so I can skip the detail and let our Cove adventure begins!
A map of Adventure Cove - it seems like a large place where most of the rides are properly organised.
We received a $5 off for retail purchase, then realised there is a minimum spending of $25... So...SKIP! LOL!
What a beautiful toilet with plants while bathing.
We were ready to explore this park :)
Hmm... based on XY, he claimed we should start with the lazy pool at the entrance.
Since no one started here XD
My camera followed me for this trip :)
My fat tummy can't get up from laying on a float.
AT least got to see the blue blue sky
Let's make my camera work for now :) Cheer XY!
Next WC. It seemed difficult to capture when the crowd started behind me
I can't selfie as the visitors behind me might not want to be in the pictures and don't want to get involved with an ugly man.
I don't have a nice slim build like WC so I shall float my way to a cave...
It is a dark, coloured lilted 'cave' where you can hear laughter and water splashing from every corner.
Funny bat sculptures here - it looks like a monkey trying to be a vampire.
It was rather difficult to selfie; poor lighting and a lot of movement.
beautiful 'tank' display here.
With such a beautiful tank, we will definitely take pictures here! XD
And individual shots of ourselves
Time to exit out from the cave
Nice and sunny - Mr Sun was having fun too.
We had arrived to our first stop to try out our first ride.
BluWater Bay - A giant wave pool where you can have a good water splash.
Beautiful wave pool :D Open sky and best - LESS CROWD!
Meaning I can take pictures myself without anyone staring or judging at this loser taking pictures of himself
The wave started and it has been a long time since I played in the wave pool.
For the next following rides, I can't bring my camera along so I can only take a few pictures for each ride as I can. No camera allowed to bring during the ride, I might risk myself, others and the camera.

The Tibal Twister and Pipeline Plunge - You can queue either one of the rides or queue again for both. it was a fun twist and turn through a dark water tornado.
At least, we can snap some pictures as long as we informed the staff that we are doing it for pictures.
Dueling Racer - where you grab a mat and you can high-speed dual competition with your friends
Water slide. This ride got a bump in the end, and hit my arm while holding onto the mat; then resulted in I self-hit my own chin.
Seahorse Hideaway - A shallow pool with fountains for kids who don't want drama.
Like this ugly kid, just wanted to shower.
Whirlpool Washout - There are two Whirlpool slides, I love the whole concept of it.
Sadly we can't cover both because of the long queue and take pictures from the top.
Wow, I love the design of this snack vehicle - If I am rich, I will make this to drive around to sell ice cream or anything snacks.
One of the highlights of Adventure Cove - Rainbow Reef
Wow! Got to swim with Marine fish? Nice!
Hide my fat and good to go!
But ended up... It was a disappointment personally... due to inexperience, We or maybe I will just say myself... My inexperience of wearing the snorkelling gear especially the mouthpiece, I kept on drinking and breathing in the salty water and almost going to drown and vomit there. We just completed the whole swim quickly and no return...
I went to wash away myself in the toilet.
Then air-dry myself in this dry pod.
Big Bucket Treehouse - What a beautiful water (tree) house
I wanted to snap a few pictures here but the crowd (kids) and I need to put my camera away... so I just moved on, I don't want to be judged by the parents especially when this ugly fat weirdo was around their beautiful kids.
I noticed this unknown building in the center of the theme park
Wet Maze?
Hmmm... we don't see any maze here
This place is so spacious... I think this area is just a place for parents to shelter or rest themselves
Hmm... it was rather empty...
Amazing four pillars in this maze might become a capture ritual to arrest me for being an eye-sore in the theme park.
But lucky my friends saved me in time from the jaw mouth and seahorse-guards.
Instead of walking back to our locker...
XY suggested we should travel by the lazy pool
Actually... It was a great idea! Can relax and looked up at the blue sky; feeling lazy...
haha! I found there are many interesting creature sculptures around the Adventure Cove -  this one is a three-headed tortoise.
Just like three of us
I guessed I have no other hand sign than making a V-sign...
It seemed like this is a Cthulhu's lazy pool.
Take our own sweet time for pictures
(Thanks XY for helping) It was so difficult to take pictures when my float kept moving...
Wow! We arrived to a special tunnel
I must say this lazy pool was built with efforts and thoughts. I love this underwater view.
As you will be accompanied with fishes while you lazed/swim effortlessly along the water flow like them.
When I returned from the lazy pool, some couples and guys just judged me and threw a disgusted look of me wearing a trunk there... 99.8% of the dudes there, wear shorts. Even demi gods also wore shorts... Lousy body like mine... In trunk? Well... I know I look like shxt and I just heck care... I did my 'best' (not best but alright) to maintain and God gave me this stupid look, I can't do much...
Oh well, exit out to reality, miss Sky seemed like have her plan for the noon.
Thanks Miss Sky for not raining during our rides.
My conclusion of my first time experience at Sentosa Adventure Cove - very standard of water theme park. Many of the rides/features were closed due to some accidents (even death) happened before. Overall, most features are great and fun except the snorkeling especially when we are inexperienced... Maybe assign some more staff to teach us how to wear the gears. There are staff around to ensure the flow and safety of the rides, even consider the weight distribution for two people float - who is heavy/light to take the seat of the front/back; and not to forget the height too. Overall, I will go again but definitely not so soon. Thank you to cove staff, they have to be there to ensure safety and while we ensure fun.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog