Saturday, February 20, 2021

Hiking - Two Combo Hikes

Morning Blog,

I went for two hiking trips over the weekend and experienced it differently. On Friday night, ZN happened to ask me to go for a reverse direction hiking and I felt it will be a good idea too.

Just a few hours of rest and get ready before Mr Sun woke up.
Like my usual hiking posts, lets hike with me together on this trip.

But we needed to wake up very early before the sun got us in the noon. For me, I had to drink more and feeling bloated...
Even the train station was slightly quiet in the morning.
It seemed like Mr Sun had woke up. :)
Haha! It seemed like we forget to ask Mr Sun to follow us for this hike.
Mr Sun, do you want to join us?
It seemed like Mr Sun is coming with us.
As we moved closer to Bukit Timah, we were overwhelmed by the crowds; even traffic police were deployed to prevent anymore vehicles for entering.
I guessed when you are given a limited of places of interests - we won't be surprised to expect crowds during the weekend.
We were reminded to put on a mask before and after exercise.
The crowds were started to increase as the noise level increased too at the foot of Bukit Timah.
I guess I will have to reduce my voice too, before I scared any shy animals.
This was the only best moment when you can have your mask off.
Especially when you are climbing up to this steep slope and plus I owned a BIG ugly nose which required more air intake.
Great to see Mr Sun so energetic.
let's continued up.
AH! Long time no see, Mr Face.
(Thanks ZN for helping) Smile, Mr Face. I am really missed you.
I can image if we came here slightly later, this place won't be so sparse.
Envied those strong buffed crazy people - just jogging along the slope like five to ten times.
Today I brought ZN to try out this Dairy Farm Loop Trail aka Hell Stairs SG edition.
He is also one buffed god, this stair should not be an issue to him.
He quickly jogged down the stairs like a young and energetic dude.
For me, I am just an old man looking for some interesting floral or creature, occasionally "fun-guy" like this one which glows in the dark :3
ZN you may go ahead
fat me needed time to catch up
and taking pictures before the place flooded with people
hmm... As I looked back... This hell stair isn't for everyone.
At least can observe monkeys having breakfast
(thanks ZN for helping) and observed fat uncle trying his best to pose for the pictures
Since it was a reverse route, lucky we won't have to complete the hell stairs loop; even though ZN wanted to.
Perhaps it was me who is the lazy one, just don't want to stress my fat me.
Oops. Blur picture. Sorry. As you can see, the crowd was getting denser
and Mr Sun was getting stronger too
Perfect sun intensity for suntan without burn :3
I have never seen this part of the trail in the early morning
Usually, I will see a brighter side of this place; perhaps I can consider doing a dark hike here.
That is a great idea to see the dark sky
A picture of me posing with Mr Sun
I checked my watch, it was just 9 o'clock. Usually, my shoulder and neck will be fried by Mr Sun.
The iconic water piping from Malaysia to Singapore and orange soil. Oh yes! By the way, did you spot there are some people entering into the wood from the picture? Let me show you where they are going.
At the same time, I realised I have not taken any pictures with this pipe before
Will take more in future :) if I can get anyone to help me.
The group of hikers entered this unnamed pool/quarry/lake/site. Looks at how peaceful and calm it is.
It was undisturbed and wild for quite sometimes.
If you like tranquillity, you will love this place.
For me, It is a great photo moment. Smile!
Breathe in as much so that can hide my fat.
(Thanks ZN for helping) At least, Nature knows how to hide my shameful body fat...
What a clear water! But inside was milky though... Surprisingly, can spot a tiger barb swimming in it!
Pretending to be cool in the picture. LOL!
I guessed we will have to continue our journey
some more fit joggers engaging morning activity
oh! Mr Sun fully loaded of his power moment
The traffic to the north was lesser

Love shots which Mr Sun shines behind me, do you?
What a quiet road today
Bird-photography - I wish I can go on a journey with them and try out their cannon lenses to see the world. Too bad, I barely have anyone willingly bring me around unless I can buy my own cannon lens
Hiking in a quiet morning is such therapeutic
Calm water steam... :3
Soon our quiet hike will come to the end where it is going to connect to the main route.
oooo! Bat/Devil Flower or bat Orchid. this plant is actually an orchid! And this one caught my attention because it has two white ears on its flower :D Rare! Love to keep them. If you search online/nursery, you won't see anyone keeping it. Weird...
Back to main route and the crowds were dense as usual.
Checking my watch, it was 10am. So far so good.
This was my earliest ended hike so far...
when you chose to start very early.
Overall, the crowds at Bukit Timah in the beginning was overwhelming; any main route was filled with visitors which was very common. My emotions also changed based on the number of hikers in the trip. I guess it was still manageable.

After settled Saturday noon and Sunday morning errands, I decided to go for an evening hike since I will have dinner at the west side.

It seemed like today late noon weather seemed cloudy - perfect for a hike.
Done bathing for the hike... Hmm... why did I bath? After that, I will be sweaty and smelly again...
Anyway, drink up and get ready!
Somehow... I want to feel lazy as my fat body wanted to become potato. I had to pull myself out from the comfort house.
Once I was out, my engine will start.
Mr Sun must be taking some napping right now. I will have to invite Miss Cloud to accompany me.
Forgot to bring my mask along and had to return home again...
OH! Mr Sun woke up! Miss Cloud, why did you disturb Mr Sun? Hahaha. Let him rest.
Alright, come with me, Mr Sun. Let's go for a late noon hike together.
ooo! Today was a Sunday and Late noon crowd was rather sparse.
My first time hiking during this timing :D
If I don't mention about it earlier on, it will look like my usual morning hike.
But this one was rather strong
:) Enjoyed the quiet moment with Nature.
Wow! Late noon hike was amazing. :D PRACTICIALLY NO ONE!
I can take pictures at ease :D but Anything happened to you will be risky. Let's hope not.
But when you came to the main route, chances of visitors are high.
What a social distance during the hike
Sometimes I started to worry if I wandered deep, I got bitten by snakes or anything... I will be gone...
I hope the animals in the wood will spare me.
Cooling water stream. :3 May I soak in it?
Just look at this place.
I have the whole forest by myself!
And can sense some predator somewhere. Hmmm... Nah, no animal/human predator will spare any thought on me. Most of them will just ghost this weirdo. Hahaha
I wondered if I start hiking at later timing...
I started this like around 3+, if I start hiking like 5+, how will this route look like?
When there is no visitor, I will have a relax time to look around.
I believe the sunset moment will be amazing here. :)
Hey :D When there is no one around..
I can pose my fatman pose but really running out of ideas on how to pose with camera-limitation.
Oh! My camera was running low in battery. Argh...
It has been a while since I sat on this platform, and it was rare opportunity when the harsh lighting which can make the shoot or this ugly fatty looked nicer. Hahaha!
Too bad, Mr Sun was not behind my back.
Okay okay. My camera was calling for a stop for photos.
Can take a few last pictures for me? Mr Cameraman. Thank you so much. Cheer!
I guessed I have to end my hike earlier because there were some distance away from there to the restaurant. Even the guy behind me already started judging me. Hahaha!
Thank you Mr Sun for accompanying :)
Aww... I always love the tiger stripped cat and especially when it was sleeping peacefully. :3
Overall, these two hikes, I really love the tranquility of nature and some me-time to get used to many others fat-shaming me... Oh well, I will be well. Hope you have a good weekend too.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog