Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hiking - Bukit Timah and Bukit Batok Nature Park

Hey Blog,

Today morning I decided that I should go for some exercise than lazy around, so I decided to ask Mr Ked (my ex-colleague from my ex-school) on Saturday night and he can make it. He wanted to train for his oversea hiking trip, so have to take this chance to pull my fat butt up.

If not, I would still like to track the route distance, but what do you know? Mr Ked has a new plan for a new location, so we decided to meet up at Beauty World MRT first. I wore a T-shirt over my trisuit to take a train... Avoid all those staring that I got from previous hikes on the bus. Hmmmm... maybe I am plain weird or ugly to wear like that... anyway, we started along the railway track.

Ex-railway trail
How nice that the Singapore government still keeping this train track
History and Present
Thank you Mr K for helping me on taking pictures
==============================================
Bukit Timah Nature Park
We decided to climb up to the summit three times and envied those pro who did that more than five times. Clap clap clap!

First challenge - the extremely steep slope
The second challenge - nearly a hundred steps of stair
:) Achievement unlocked!

White fatty prince at the summit
a map of Bukit Timah Park
Bracket fungi - I found this interesting mushroom while I hiked. Usually, we will find fungus growing at the side of the wooden log, but this little cap grows right on top of the stick which looks like an umbrella. 
Manage to capture a spider by using Fixed-focus on my iPhone! :D Success!
I feel so "turn-on" by looking at a spider-web.
LOL! I meant my stare and mind-blowing from the artwork of that small creature. 
On our way to Singapore Quarry
==============================================
Singapore Quarry
Based on our previous experience, it should be a short direction to be covered to see the beautiful quarry.

Mr Ked and le me - Hiking buddy
Here we are here again :)
beautiful scene
:D
Fat me with fat quarry
where is everyone? 
I heard something
Raining! YIPPEE! How I wish to bathe in the rain in my trisuit.
But God playing tricks on us
We found a spider again 
woooow
"Turn-on" again. LOL
==============================================
Bukit Batok Nature Park
A new place to explore!

Nature park! Oh my! I have never heard that before.
the map of Bukit Batok Nature Park
First challenge - another steep road
The second challenge - STAIRS!!!!!!!!!!
the stairs and my fat butt
The third challenge - that stairs lead NOWHERE!
So we have to U-turn.
but nice scene of that tower
some info about Bukit Batok
OH my! Bukit Batok QUARRY!
Beautiful quarry!
How great it is!
Beautiful Artwork by God

Beautiful and ugly work here :D
Tranquil moment
fat me
with pretty flowers
Oh my! Look at this tree!
It grows with a rock and becomes part of nature
now without me
Achievement :D (check out the video link here)

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog