Saturday, April 20, 2024

Personal - JB Swimcation

Hi Blog,

Honestly, I thought of making a short post for this trip and parked in the monthly random post, so I didn't snap any photos for this JB trip from the beginning. (Because I have many of my Taiwan trips posts to complete, so I don't wish to stack up my blogging. Oh well. 😂)

Anyway, today Otter and I decided to go for a JB staycation to purchase some stuff for myself and learn how to travel in a JB by public transport. So we met at around 9 am and queued for a while for the bus to take us to customs, after that took public transport again to Malaysian customs. The whole process was very smooth.

This time, we would be staying at St Giles Southkey, the one near Opero that I went to previously (Read more here). Thank goodness, we were allowed to check in earlier, and the first thing on my to-do list was to swim! Honestly, I thought the swimming pool would be a large one and it seemed like... A disappointment... But I should not complain.
I guess... If I really want a staycation, I will wish to go to a place with a pool rather than a sleeping place, to make the money worth it..


The scenery from the pool's edge is truly delightful, surpassing that of the Opero Hotel.
Alright! Time to dive in!
(credit Otter) Despite the staff's warning, I couldn't resist taking one picture by the edge. My apologies—I just wanted that one shot! I totally understand why they don't allow it because of safety.
I like the artificial palm-like pillar figure by the pool.
Unfortunately, I forgot my goggles, so I couldn't assess the water quality visually. However, the metallic smell and taste were quite noticeable. Personally, I find it uncomfortable to keep my eyes open in the pool.
I also sensed the judgmental stares from the staff... I guessed an untoned and ugly person like me... Should not stain their water or take pictures...
(Credit Otter) But I love their curved seat so that I can lie back and chill. But our swim ended fast, as it was raining! So we returned to our hotel room, washed up, and then went for a good shopping trip and dinner at the Mid Valley Mall. I didn't take any pictures while shopping in there because I had never thought of making it a long post... My apology.
(Credit Otter) Something new for me was to watch a movie in JB at night! Since most of the shops closed at night time, it will be a best time to kill time than staying in the room. This cinema hall was special, it was a Play+ cinema hall where they had couches for families and moviegoers and slides for kids to entertain themselves during the movie.
The best moment was when there were fewer than 5 people in the hall! If I am going for a staycation in JB, watching a movie is on my to-do list!
Thanks Otter, for showing me around, where to eat, how to travel, and being patient with my nonsense. Because I tend to lose friends after travelling... Due to my shxtty character...
The next morning, it was good weather! Perfect for swimming! I went up alone to allow Otter to continue sleeping and avoid my smelly shxt stinging the whole room... But the pool was filled with families. I got a bit turned off and regretful for not going to the pool by 7am.
I've decided to sunbathe by the room's window, making the most of the available space like I was on the cruise (link).
I didn't take a picture of my purchase stash but one of them was a set of Under Armour attire. Thanks, Otter for using his YouTrip card.
The brief journey to JB was both relaxing and gave me a valuable experience for future solo travels there. I hope my short post is worth reading.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog