Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Trip - Taiwan D1 - Hiccups Happened

Hi Blog,

At last, I have the opportunity to pack my bags for a vacation planned since 2023, following my return from the Taiwan-Japan trip.

I'm sceptical that anyone can pack their luggage just on the actual day...
But different people work differently, as long as it works for them then it should not be an issue. 


Personally, I always plan ahead regarding the items to bring to avoid last-minute omissions.
I was ready to go, but we got an announcement that our flight was delayed for two hours. Oh well... Should be alright, I guess.
Thanks, Otter for bringing us to the airport.
Scoot has this self-check-in service, which is useful if there are fewer hiccups. Unfortunately, they were unable to scan my passport and luggage. I guess it's my fault that it has its own limitations.
Great to have SJ and QH join me on this Taiwan trip which we had planned before COVID-19 and our flight was cancelled, and continued executing our plan since last year. What a hiccup!
To continue the damage, when we arrived at the boarding gate, we saw a notice that it was delayed furthermore for two more hours. No matter what happened... I just hoped it was a safe flight.
Well... Since it was delayed... We found a resting spot and I should have a power nap then, but... I didn't nap well because I could hear myself snoring! 😴 So I woke up due to embarrassment.
Still have two hours left...
Finally, the time had come! Time to board the plane...
...and Scoot gave us this package of snacks as compensation. Well, I was not satisfied but made do, be contented.
TIME TO FLY!!!
Let's GO!
Enduring a flight for more than four hours was unpleasant due to the inability to do anything.
Reaching Taiwan will take over 9 hours, which might be considered a day wasted, but we will make the most of it.
Hmm, this one felt familiar, like my trip to Harbin. They didn't use a passenger tunnel, so we had to disembark directly from the plane.
It was so cold that we hurried onto the bus. Will we experience such temperatures in Taiwan?
I guess it was due to the delay of the flight, so Taiwan Airport didn't have an available parking slot.
Yes! Taiwan finally!
Upon our arrival, the first activity was participating in a Taiwan Lucky Draw for tourists. "May the luckiest person win!" we exclaimed. Unfortunately, luck was not on our side.
With an empty tummy, we headed to 7Eleven for a vegetarian prepackaged meal.
I will definitely buy these again when I return to Singapore.
I pulled on my cap to shield my ears from the cold wind and exposed my short bare legs to the open. I overheard a couple of strangers comment, "Look! He's in shorts!"
We met our driver, Mr. P, for our trip to Taiwan. He started driving from Taoyuan around 10 p.m., and it will take approximately three hours to reach Chiayi.
During the ride, Mr. P was eager to discuss the places we would visit in the coming days. However, everyone was exhausted and had fallen asleep. I attempted to stay awake to monitor the road and provide him company as he shared his stories. Eventually, I let him know that I needed to rest, allowing him to continue the road without me.
After a long three hours on the road to Chiayi... It was already 1:30 am!
Our first hotel - 嘉義皇爵大飯店 Chaiyi King Hotel 👑
Welcome to my place!
This is my Palacca main hall!
My pet dragon will greet you warmly here, do remember to pet him.
Oh, man! I wanted to play some music here but it was late.
I should ensure that my guest checks in quickly.
Let me check the rooms.
Wow! A room for myself!!!
Toilet for my bombs!
Anyway... it was very late now. Time to sleep... Time to bathe and get ready for tomorrow.
Despite today's travel being filled with hiccups, we remained safe! Thank you to everyone who knew about my travels and wished us a great vacation. Tomorrow, we will begin our journey to Alishan!

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog