Saturday, September 3, 2022

Trip - Newfound Bunker

Hi Blog,

You know what?! WS's team found a new bunker at Sembawang! Near the one which I went in this post.

Thanks Heaven for the sunny weather
Even Mr Sun got excited about this! Thanks, WS for inviting me.

WS warned me that there were lots of sandflies, ants and mosquitoes at that bunker... So I guessed he was trying to tell me not to wear my typical ugly attire
Alright! Fine! I will dress up "normally", so how do I look?
Hmm 🤔 I guessed Mr Sun got a bit moody. Are you alright? Mr Sun.
It's okay. Mr Sun... I won't be wearing trisuit for long too... I got fatter and fatter, only make wearing trisuit an unsightly to anyone...
WS was waiting for me; so sorry for waiting for me
Everyone gathered under a unique arched-growing foliage
Love this place! But there are a lot of ants here; if not, I would like to snap a few pics here
I would like to be myself here next time.
I was amazed at how they even found it by walking through here. It was like they knew there is one bunker here and they succeeded by allocating it.
I must say, they are true blue urbex explorers. Here we were! The new bunker was found!
Newfound Sembawang Bunker!
There was no name for this bunker. Usually, we will just name it the one near the street. Since the one near the street was taken (nearby and you can check the post here) then we shall name this "Tree-Guard Bunker" because there is a tree erected at the entrance.
Time to go down behind the tree
Based on the height of this tree, it seems like it was undisturbed for many years.
Even the gate can't last that long.
On my left after entering, there was this familiar long passage like my first urbex experience - Cyprus Crescent Bunker (link)
It looked rather clean.
Quite well preserved
(Credit WS) I moved forward to check the corner
As I looked up, an opening like a chimney and on my left, a well-preserved toilet, a toilet which I won't like to use.
(Credit WS) Yes! Cheer! 😂 Thanks for snapping.
(Credit V) What do we all want there? A photo of memory of us in this place so we won't be shy. Haha
Somehow there were some mysterious roots that grew out from nowhere.
...But I know where these come from and do you know what are these?
This Tree-guard Bunker has two lanes and the area connected to another lane was blocked by its own debris from the ceiling; but luckily, there was enough space for us to cross over to another lane.
Hmm 🤔 based on the soil erosion status... It might not last too long.
oooo! Another similar lane.
Thanks goodness that this place was not flooded with mud.
If without light, this place does look creepy...
Another toilet but slightly cleaner :D
Wanted to climb up and I snapped the rusty metal steps
(Credit V) Okay! I broke something and pretended nothing happen.
OOOOOOOOO! This is a Tailless Whip Scorpion! I didn't know we have one in Singapore?! This looks so adorable!
Can you imagine the point of view of the good friend? Can tell how much disturbance we had caused.
The creature or good friend started to get angry if we stayed here too long...
Time to exit this place and return to its tranquillity statue.
(Credit WS) Captain Fatty was the last person to step out from the bunker and tried to apologise to the good friend here. Don't worry, I will not come back again or bring such a large group of people. Thank you for hosting.
Oooo! I didn't know this mushroom has a stalk!
After the newfound bunker, we returned to the famous Banyan Tree guarded Store
Have a group shot together and glad you guys didn't judge me
and brought me around to nearby abandoned places...
But... I needed to rush home... as my camera low battery already and had something on in the noon.
Thanks goodness, the afternoon was sunny to restore my mood.
Overall, the joy of the newfound bunker really brings everyone together and I will keep this newfound bunker a secret to avoid unnecessary visitors. The bunker does not have any graffiti and should keep it that way.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog