Monday, September 19, 2022

Product - New Captain Helmet

Hi Blog,

In my November 2020 post about my Captain America costume (link), there was one product which I am not proud of, which is its helmet. Just too... Cheap but I believe it can be put in good use.

And I went ahead and purchase a slightly better one. On the 31st August 2022, the product delivered!
Are you keen to check it out with me?

Oh my oh my! Unboxing time!
Oh my! The helmet looks gorgeous and sturdy too! The level of detail is no joke.
I love there is a cushion inside the helmet like a cycling helmet.
It may look like a metal helmet but in fact, it is a metallic coated plastic with some real screws.
Funny thing or perhaps feeling was when I spotted some imperfections but it was done on purpose to show battle scars.
Elastic strap with a fake buckle. Sometimes I wonder... Why can't they make an actual adjustable strap so it can fit in for different headsize?
This Captain really makes others feel zero faith with his abilities...
The helmet doesn't sit well onto my Asian head and nose bridge... Unlike the Westerners who have a tall nose bridge... They are Captain and I am just Capturn-off. 😂
Anyway, I know that I don't complement as Captain that well... Just like some Chinese phrase said 他没有气质,穿上龙袍也不像太子 。(English: He Does Not Have The Temperament, So He Does Not Look Like A Prince Even In Imperial Robes)
Few days later on the 10th September 2022, I decided to do something. Maybe I will try to keep it nice and fitting by pushing the sides inwards.
By using hair blower to heat up the side...
And bend it inwardly while it was soft.
Next, I believe that I don't have the handsome dudes with great genes head Suze so I need some cushioning. Perhaps two tissues height?
It seemed alright and fitting but it tends to slide forward (the tissue packet because of two packs) if I moved too much.
And somehow it looked like it slide too much and I become Flowerhorn cichlids
And somehow, if I just put one tissue pack, the space between the helmet and my flat ugly nose will have a weird spacing...
So I decided to slide one pack behind my head...
...So the top and the head have support of the tissue...
Then that helps to tighten the gap somehow but I need to find something to replace the tissue pack.
Maybe a foam or something. Well, I shall keep hunting!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog