Saturday, September 9, 2017

Trip - Singapore Toy Game Comic Convention 2017

Good Afternoon Blog,

Today was the day when my bro, who was my playmate since we were young. invited me to accompany him to Singapore Toy Game Comic Convention 2017 (for more detail, click here) at MBS. We used to hang out every weekend to Flea Market for toys, quite nostalgic. :)

Besides first time attending such event, it was also my first time entering an event/show at MBS.
Long queue for security check-up to avoid crazy cosplayers for bringing in REAL or harmful weapons.
Many cosplayers dressed up for the event, can feel their excitement to show what they got to show.
Ticket collection queue
This is BG, 20+ years of friendship and brotherhood.
Got my ticket to GGXP
============================================

GGXP - Good Game Experience Zone
Looked like a competition gaming zone like DOTA2 or some shooting games
Some virtual-reality gamings for visitors to try
Great way to chill around with family and friends
Some painting activities for people who play some I-will-never-understand boardgames
Very beautifully painted chess pieces
Looked awesome and fine work
I doubt I can afford any of those chess pieces or have friends who will play with me or teach me how to play
Wah! It was crowded at another zone - Akiba zone but our ticket only limited to GGXP zone.
But within GGXP zone, there were booths for some artists (don't know any of them) for signature. 
Based on the name SiuTao, I googled it, she is one famous cosplayer! (link) well... too cute to look at, but I doubt such heavenly eyes won't notice a fly like me, so next!
GGXP was a small area and nothing much to see; BG was disappointed that this was not what he wanted to visit, so he decided to....
UPGRADE our entry zone! XD Thank you bro!
=============================================

Akiba Zone - Like a ComicCon!
We were in and BG seemed happy.
Now here, there were so many happening like cosplaying, selling of limited items and meetup with some comic artists!
One of the most epic and attention magnet display was this, "Master Mold VS X-Men"!
Just looked at this perspective - their expressions and actions of battling freezes at the moment.
Psylocke - Pretty and fierce sexy ninja :3 
Jubilee - I don't know how useful she can be....
Colossus - Metal Dude
Archangel - Didn't know much about him
Beast - Hairy one in blue speedo!
Bishop - Errr Who are you?
And also Hulk Buster! One of the beautiful display too!
So massive!
LOOK at the detail!
Like Matrix movie - everything freeze!
If it glows light, will be awesome!
Different version of Ironman
IRON MAN!
This Spider-man display looked so awesome - one of my favourite superhero characters
We noticed a group of Spider-man cosplayers in their nice suits, I envied their courage and figure to suit up for the event. I wished I can dress up like them.
With the same standard face-shell, they were all the same characters despite different suit design (effort appreciation) They were great to gather more other Sider-man cosplayers to join them! Nice gesture to have! Because once you suited up, no one will judge you for how you look like but focus on the deeds you do.
One of the best pictures I got - they don't leave any Spider-Man behind including the kid, that was one simple, appreciative and kind gesture to include the kid :) feeling touched (no pun intended) I believe that kid and the parents will love and treasure such pictures.
Here was one really nice Spider-Man costume which has texture on his suit, which looked awesome! Plus he has the right height and physique to look like a real Spider-Man but he seemed to do solo than mixing with the rest. Kind of :( Well... I can only stand and envy, then imagining.
Godzilla! Nice and detail one!
What a unique batman costume of fusion of culture or design
Bad boy car! XD
one display I will never forget - Interesting reference :)
Starwar is still the famous iconical costume in comicCon
Shoot me if you can. hahaha!
I got Hulk back up
We managed to take some pictures with some characters/cosplayers. This was my first as we were too shy to do so, as you can see from the picture, but the dark trooper reacted in our wefie which made us feel at ease and brought up the joy of the event. Thank you for being approachable.
Overall I still felt shy to ask others (like Wolvine, Ccaptain America, Spider-Man, Ghostbuster cosplayers) for pictures... You can click here to see other cosplayers in that event. I felt I didn't give any chance to those anime cosplayers, I guessed that I was just too shy... If there is next time, I will make sure I take pictures with every single cosplayers during my visit like visiting Halloween Nights.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog