Monday, June 17, 2024

Hiking - Revisiting Labrador Nature Park

Good morning Blog,

Today was a public holiday! Yippee! 😂 The best part was that it was sunny in the morning, so we could go hiking!

Last night, my elder brother invited me to go over to his house and help him with the game he was playing, so I stayed overnight at his place.
When I woke up, I thought about going for a hike. Should I try a new place even though the ground is wet from last night's rain? Or stick to the old place?

So, as the title says, you probably knew where I was going, but it took me an hour of procrastination to decide...
Once I put on my trisuit, there was no looking back. I had to find a way to motivate myself...
...And reflecting myself why am I procrastinating...
Time to transform! 🎶Sailormoon BGM🎵
Oh well, Yes... I was judged by others. Hahaha
"Dear Miss Sky told me to carry on..." Thanks, Miss Sky. I will carry on.
Just see the fat I got
I visited Labrador Park to add most of my Urbex findings to my own Google Maps record.
Time to find the spots
Great that today was not packed with visitors
Or maybe because I was somewhere else
I appreciate the moment when the trees obstructed the sun, revealing its softer side.
First stop - Watertank
I wondered if it still functioning or not.
Even if it is functional, how does it work?
For now, it was meant for my personal photoshoot moments. 😆
I tried to take a top shot of the overview of the woods that I was going through; it can be overwhelming.
But I can still find my way because not that far away from one point to the next.
Can't say this is an urbex location but it is special for me to include in my Google maps.
I called this a "sloop" and you can see Pasir Panjang Power Station (closed) sadly, I can't access to this power station.
Just check out the slope, it is very steep at 75-80 degrees.
It is best to snap a few photos here.
I thought of wanting to switch to my phone for photos but nah... Too lazy to set up.
Next 📍 will be somewhere near.
Near but not easy to spot for the first-timer if you are on top of it.
I remain uncertain about the purpose and functioning of this location in the past.
But this place will not last long (as you can see the cracked structure), so exiting this place quickly is the best option than staying beneath it.
I wanted to check out another similar structure nearby, but the ground was wet, so I skipped it. I did manage to mark 📍 its location on my map, though. Now I just need to get out of these vines!
Hello Mr Sun, you are on time for the exploration. Nothing new, but there is definitely something new from today's revisit.
Finally, with the help of a tripod, I got to snap pictures at normal eye level, way better than having it from the ground.
Alright, what's next!?
I've always been curious about this spot. I used to avoid it, but now I'm going in because something is interesting there.
It looked so wild here.
I think there are more things somehow.
You know, there's a hidden watch post around here that most folks don't know about.
As you can see, there's less graffiti, which explains a lot.
Hope it can remain as it is.
With such space, enough room for a bed and a wardrobe.
Thinking about, maybe it will work! 😂
Having a room like this...
Maybe I will set up a plant room! 😂
Looking here...
Hmm, there are these metal bots around. I think they were used as shelves or something.
Got back from imagination, I should be 📍 at the location and there is one more nearby which I highly doubt I will want to go there. You can read one of my visits here.
Ooo! There is another way to get to my imaginary room! 😂 Even better.
Alright, it's time to explore other places.
Hmm 🤔 there are two directions - left and right.
Typically, I will take the right side to explore the gunner and other structures.
Today I decided to try this side and see where it leads.
Oooo! This place! I found it!
What's so special about this place?
During my exploration, I noticed many hikers taking photos in this area, which seems to be a solid wall with a door, resembling a storage room. However, at that time, I couldn't find it at all.
The morning sun was a bit too bright, and I couldn't see the walls properly.
"Like a headquarters or an officer's room."
As I looked up, I spotted many beautiful oakleaf basket ferns!
Looks like it used to be accessible.
I missed that opportunity.
A picture of what is inside. Oooo... It seemed like a storage space, not officer's room.
I think I've been here before, but it didn't leave a strong impression on me. I'm gonna try to remember this as best I can.
Hmm 🤔 I should spend some time reading about it.
Ah! Something new! Thanks Chasing Peaks for sharing the pin 📍
Oooo, there is an obvious path.
A bit too obvious than what I thought of
They removed the info from the board to avoid any curious individual to check this path.
Ah, a tunnel! 😊 Something new!
Honestly, I wanted to enter and explore further, but I feel... I should stay off from this and leave "them" in peace.
That's strange! The tunnel I saw earlier was different. Looks like there are two of them. I'll check out the second one.
Oh my, the tall ones need to watch out with this thorny one.
Hey folks, let's carry on the good work and then strike a pose together!
Ah! Second tunnel found!
No path to this tunnel
But it is one of the hidden ones.
Should I get in and disturb your peace?
Should I carry to explore the battle?
I had to take a break here because I needed to go home and rest.
I'll come back for the battery next time. I spent too much time here. Thanks, Labrador Park, for a great morning!

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog