Sunday, September 10, 2023

Personal - SG Comic Con Prelude 2023 Cosplaying

Yes, Blog,

Today was the day when I could cosplay again. Yes, as Captain Asian or Nerd again which people don't want. D invited me to take this opportunity to take part in such collaboration with Comic Con and Pause for a Care association, to promote the Comic Con event and awareness of PFAC.

I didn't snap photos myself for today's event because I was not sure whether I would get all the photos snapped during the event but I was glad that Mr R snapped it all.
So what would we be doing during this event? Just for photos? 📸 Mainly yes, but they had one event for people to join - a superhero hunt in the mall.

I turned up early so I could get myself dressed up. With the help of a suspender, that will hold my pants than dropping when it was wet.
I had made a public announcement to my friends and so far, ZN and his GF have shown up for the day. I don't have any expectations but this was really a surprise. Thanked ZN and his Gf for the support.
Time to step up the stage and be confident to become Captain Nerd.
😥😣🫣 I only have one pose. I guess I will need to look at other captains to get other good poses.
Luckily, the shield carried me along and distracted others.
Strike a pose (same pose) throughout the hour stage photos. Since my blog was privatized... So PDPA issue won't be an issue.
After that, D started to distribute us to other floors for Superhero Hunt.
I was tasked to stay at a spot (quite warm as it was near a car park) with Indian Spidey. Thank you for keeping this introvert entertained.
After that, D and D started to draw out their shields and become three Captains.
Salute to the audience and they started to snap photos of us.
Strike my only-pose
I can't raise my hand high because of the weight of my shield which might reveal the suspender.
Displaying three different material shields. Which one you like?
But it got a bit overwhelming to have three Cap and shields. Not recommended.
Like just too many, don't you think so?
I think the easiest thing is to do a thumb-up or victory pose. No Brainer.
Wow... The Deadpool and Spiderman simply stole the spotlight from everyone. It was like a real Deadpool on the set! Not cheap at all.
There were many photos taken during this time but not every time, Mr R could not snap because he was busy helping to snap with their phones. On a positive note, it looked like they enjoyed taking pictures with us.
I just popped my head behind them like my usual self in any scenario.
Anyway, too many shields on the stage so I kept mine and showed off my costume.
Here, I will showcase some of the cool costumes. A family of spidey lovers, Spiderpunk is nicely cosplayed.
Dont know much about this character but it was definitely beautiful.
Ghostbusters! I love the whole thing and the Proton pack, it slays!
Bluebeetle from DC. It looked authentic like fresh from the filming set.
This one is iconic and has zero issues when someone dresses up as a Star Wars character with a mask. It just hit the sweet spot.
Besides Marvel or DC universe characters, we have an anime character!
Similar to Star Wars, Power Rangers are also zero issues to slay for attention!
Now come to my favourite costume - Deadpool! I love the worn-off and dirty texture, and obviously, this person in real life, is buffed and has the height aesthetic element to boost to the highest level.
Deadpool 3 will be coming sooner, between these two characters and since when did Wolverine hold a sword? No wonder, Deadpool finger-signed him.
And fight you two!
Speaking of fight, I was glad to be invited to do a scene with cosplayers, I didn't know what to do but just be what the Captain would do besides smiling.
Because they were not smiling and they were serious.
A cosplayer invited me to a corner and shared his costume. Great way to make some new friends but the level of my understanding and communication needed to improve; as I didn't quite understand what he was saying and it was very noisy.
Amid the event, the cosplayers sang a surprise birthday song to the bluebeetle whom I don't know at a personal level; I guess he is a regular among this group of cosplayers, especially from his passion for the costume.
There was a session for the Kids Costume contest, I didn't take any pictures for that contest but they were professionally dressed up.
Some kids came to me to ask for my shield...
...and I was glad to pass my shield to them.
The weight of my shield can make them regret carrying it but I would love to see them try; knowing my shield is a real deal, not a toy.
So Uncle Jeff would keep them entertained and...
Oh Yeah, speaking of the kid's costume contest, W brought his kids to the event, thinking that they could have joined the contest but they couldn't, as they would need to register first which disappointed the kids. I will find out more details of such an event in future.
Ah! Welcome SGCC's Mascot, P4L, a red cyber figure. Quite well done!
When the mascot stood on the stage; many kids and adults wanted to have a pic with it but it had not reached the level Of a long queue.
Ooo! Ironman! My first time seeing an Ironman costume. Not the perfect set but it was definitely not easy to make one. If I have free access to a 3D printer, I would like to do one myself.
caption
When there was Ironman, I was surprised to hear that Thor was coming too!? Haha. Almost Avenger team! But but... Did you see how wet I was? My pants were soaked as if I was wearing a wet trunk inside. When the Almost-Avengers team was up, the queue was long and most people wanted to have a photo with us.
To avoid embarrassment with my wet pants, I decided to kneel down (can't stay in that stand too long) and used my shield to cover me. But I was glad that I made it that far and very sticky.
After the event, I noticed my costume started to break apart like my gloves - I don't know why can't they double sew it than cheap single thread to secure the parts. Most of my Velcro parts started to wear off too (became hairier) and could not stick again... Even my right shoulder and back velcro can't really stick well and need to be creative.

On the positive side, with E's help in buffing up my costume, it turned out well! From the first look, it might look fake and too buff but after wearing it, it complements me well; my most satisfying outcome.

Anyway, it was an awesome event for me to step out from my inferior shell to face the camera and audience. I hope I can balance and embrace it.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog