Saturday, July 8, 2023

Personal - SATA Volunteer as Cap

Good Morning Blog,

Yes, I tried to overcome myself and must fully utilize my costume. I went for voluntary work again, this time towards a big public.

To be an avenger!
How I wished I can see the people's expression when I interacted with them because I can't see them at all. Kind of disappointed though... I hope they don't judge me.

The most credit person will be my friend, Boo, who helped me to alter my suit with... A fake chest! He took a long-long time to sew and found ways to do it, it turned out... Impressive. Now it looked much more balanced and as if, I am wearing a confidence armour which those demigods have been wearing on them. How I wish I have the confidence armour will pick me... I also have to credit my mother who helped to alter my pants too. Thank you, Mother.
I am ready to go. Yes, just like this, carrying my shield to that event and yes, in public transportation. I don't think that I have any other options so yeah. Just let go then.
(credit D) I am ready to help out with the event. How do I look? Better?
Comparing it with my previous cosplay and now. The feeling was so much better.
(Credit RC) I am glad that there was someone, RC around to capture the event. Thank you RC.
(Credit RC) Also have to thank, D, for motivating me to sign up for such events.
(Credit RC) in this event, I found Captain's buddy - Winter Soldier - Dm. (need to put his actual name in case I forgot)
How I wish that I can as tall and handsome as Dom to fit Captain's cosplay but... Quit wishing already, it was fixed so let's bite it and be the hero that I always want to be.
(Credit RC) Right after I was ready, immediately we were requested to snap a picture; my buddy and I worked together to pose for the picture.
(Credit RC) The purpose of today's voluntary is to create awareness for vaccination by SATA CommHealth. SATA CommHealth is an esteemed organization that provides essential medical services to approximately 200,000 patients annually through their medical centres. They also extend their care to the community by organizing community events and offering subsidized care, homecare services, doctors-on-wheels, and day rehabilitation centres.
(Credit RC) And we were like superheroes from their comic book titled "Be an Everyday Hero", combined effort with Marvel.
(Credit RC) I tried to issue those comic books and promote awareness to the elderly and others; most of them seemed receptive towards it. Hope they won't mind it was issued by this shortie Captain Chinese.
(Credit RC) This elderly told us that her grandchildren love superheroes, and requested for photos.
(Credit RC) So I tried to engage.
(Credit RC) Non-stop photo session and I am glad to have these photos. Usually, I can't post or have the pictures. Even I have the pictures, I need to blur their faces but now my blog was closed, then it will be safe as it is.
(Credit RC) The kids were our most exciting audiences but...
(Credit RC) Some elderly, they can get excited too for posing for pictures with enthusiasm.
(Credit RC) When there was free time, I went around to interact with other volunteers and learn what was their booth about.
(Credit RC) Or going around with my buddy to snap a group photo.
(Credit RC) Some superheroes went around to gather more crowds.
(Credit RC) The two spidey read their own lines and duties - they were supposed to... have fun in cosplaying!
(Credit RC) They got it!
(Credit RC) The character, Spiderman, can really draw a crowd easily without an issue.
(Credit RC) The uncles were so happy to have a group picture with us.
(Credit RC) I realised that I would pass the shield to the audience to let them have fun of it.
(Credit RC) Most people, they tend to hold the shield high up and cover their faces. I had to remind them to put it lower.
(Credit RC) Holding the shield is a honorable moment.
(Credit RC) Even my buddy also wanted to hold and grab my shield away from me.
(Credit RC) I told Dm, he can pretend to throw the shield so I helped him to hold the shield near the RC'S camera; and isn't it looked great? :)
(Credit RC) I also requested RC to help me but I just looked meh maybe because my stupid face can't make it (and perhaps if can include my legs in the picture so that it will look like my shield is suspended in the air)
But overall, I don't complain because this is the type of picture I like to have and it requires two people to assist (one for the shield and one photographer) so troublesome. I hope to do this again whenever I dress up in my captain costume.
(Credit RC) it seemed like Dm and other spidey know a lot of people. As you can see the invisible gap between the group and me. Hahaha
(Credit RC) RC snapped a pic with me and this pretty lady secretly and this spidey popped into my space secretly too (you can look at my previous pictures, you might be able to spot him). Hahaha. I like this idea though.
(Credit RC) I am actually preferred to keep my shield on my back because that is my iconic cosplay so I can hand free.
(Credit RC) if the background can be cleaner, this would be a nice shot.
(Credit RC) Lastly, we gathered to take a group photo with the event.
(Credit RC) And we welcomed other volunteers to have a group photo together.
Overall, I have great confidence to dress up as Captain Nerd since I already spent some money on it. Some people reminded me why am I wasting money to get a costume which does not suit me, is impractical and childish... as I need to set a good role model for people, especially young kids... I know I am not handsome enough to become a superhero... but I know one thing, I dreamed to be my favourite superhero and I know I can't be... and I just see that I can stay away from judgement for a while (even though I was masked and can't see their expressions without my glasses on) I like the moment.

And also have to credit D for motivating me to take part in such events to fully utilise my costume. I guess they are happy with me and I will do more in future. 

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog