Thursday, October 7, 2021

Personal - One More Time for Children Day

Hi Blog,

Once again, Children's Day was approaching... One of my most stressful month... was to come out video performance for students. (you may check on last year similar post which stressed me up greatly... here) Since beginning of Sep, after Teachers' Day Celebration, I started to ask my colleagues for ideas.

Yes! What you are seeing now, is our completed video.
Finally, settled one major project and let me share what we had gone through.

Since you are here, meaning you want to learn more about what we had done during Children's Day.

You may view our video here. Enjoy!

Crazy and silly, right? Actually, I felt satisfied for this year production. Hence to Covid-19 situation got worse in Singapore, this year Children's Day Celebration Zoom session will be conducted and hosted by their own form-teacher at home. This was their first time to celebrate at home and our first time without students around in school.

Let me share the whole production experience. Last year, I was pressurized because I needed to handle many stuff in production and now, my colleagues understood the pain that I had gone through, each of them trying to help by providing ideas and faith with me on making another great video again. The whole idea will be a musical video in zoom presentation style because Zoom has become part of our life these days; and also one of the easiest to execute and safest due to reduce social distancing/gathering.

I could remember one scenario where I needed to confirm how many colleagues we should have in our video, some colleagues learned that it is produced by me, they claimed they want to be part of the video. Three cheers to PD Wong. LOL!

It was quite challenging to gather everyone to complete the filming, so we had to be creative in presentation and catered to everyone's abilities. Using Crazy Frog song was also one good reason to have a hyper-up beat music and yet simple effort to have everyone to dance along. Mainly to express that everyone has a child in us, even though everyone has different characters (hence dance differently), but we learn to adjust and work together as a team. Staff like us, are like an unsung superheroes; no one will remember who we are; but we will continue to support the school humbly and ensure its safety.

Unsung hero like Spiderman - No one will know who they are
Helping and supporting behind the scene
It seemed like the coast is clear
Safe to record my part of the video to cover the missing slot in the zoom session and let the students guess who is this spidery.
Happy that the project ended with a high note and appraisals
- One teacher commented it is unfair to make such high quality video which outshine the rest of levels
- One teacher told me that after viewing our video, she deleted the rest of the videos and kept ours because it worth her disk space.
- One teacher ensured me that most pupils were actually dancing along with the music. They loved it a lot and wondered who is that spiderman.

I need to ensure what I had done than thinking negative over my work and I glad I did. Why I can take it positively because I see teamwork (like title, music selection and feedback). INFJ's issue! Hahaha! But one sad thing is... my original red spiderman mask was gone...... I can't find it anymore... What a waste of money... Sigh... I guess... I might just leave it as it is without mask. Anyway, hope no more such production next year.

Jeff

2 comments:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog