Saturday, February 11, 2023

Hiking - Hempsey Hill Ruins

Hi Blog,

Last week, I came to Dempsey Hill to find the ruins which some hikers posted on Facebook but somehow... I got the wrong pin. (blog post) Then after consulting a few other hikers.

ZN texted me that he must step out hence he will join my today's exploration.
Back to the wrong pin, I guessed that the one who gave willingly did give me the right one but expected me to look around. As I watched LS's video, it seemed like it was there...

Looking back at LS's latest message...
LS sent me this. Oh my, it is nearby!
So... Let's go and complete this!
Gloomy weather and fat me. Best combination!
Met up with ZN and he just wanted to follow.
Hope it was not fake.
Once again, arrived at Hempsey Hill, another dimension.
(Credit ZN) Once again, fat and untoned coming to Hempsey Hill.
Checking at most of the buildings here, they had some simple Great Britain elements, especially the pillars and interior (I don't get to see it myself because of different wallet wealth levels to enter), and aluminium type rooftop; not the nicest but still work.
Ah. Perfect! No one stood and judged behind me.
Okay! It was somewhere here...
Walking along the perimeter of the net...
...but stopped by a beautiful Golden Orb Spider, guarding the path.
ZN told me that I could try to access it from within the rugby field.
Like what ZN said! There is an opening!
YIPPEE! FOUND!
Just made a turn around the net to access
This path seemed hopeful!
(Credit ZN) Come! Readers! We found it!
Dempsey Hill Ruins!
Finally, I have covered this location.
Small setback but it was worth it because at least, I got assistance which is what I hope to experience.
What a deep crack formed on the ruin; expansions and contractions are Mother Nature's signs of movement.
Hmm... Honestly, I can't make up what is the purpose of having such a windowless room.
Maybe because there is no door or slot for light hence we can't tell much. But since we learned that Dempsey Hill was a nutmeg plantation site that later became Tanglin Barracks for British troops. Hmm... This might be a cell prison or storage space.
Hmm... Besides the two empty rooms, there is a shelter-like structure...
What was it for? If it was a prison cell, why didn't they make more?
A picture of me "waiting for busses".
Overall, it was not a prison cell somehow as it would be a waste of space and would have some space for beds, toilets and lights... Not bus stop shelter... I don't see any wiring for electric stuff... Highly possible it is a small storage space.
As we explored further, we were above the roof of a similar structure. As I snapped with my camera outwardly, I noticed that it was another ruin.
We made our way down there.
Similar structures but muddier
ZN didn't want to follow me so I went and explored a bit...
An empty slot might be for a lamp or... Unknown though.
Oh, there is a big room by the side.
Hmmm... It seemed like a decent storage space.
I wondered if was this a soft drink bottle? Want to make guess what beverage it might be?
Before we left the area, ZN suggested another path near the first ruin where we needed to take an upslope... And what do you know, we found another ruin! It was a brick wall. Just look at it, it was well preserved.
(credit ZN) We needed to bash through a few spiderwebs to get here and ZN already started to get impatient to snap for me...
Very clean place I must say.
Oh well... I guess I am not model-worthy enough for anyone to assist with any photography... I will just have to do it myself but need to set up my camera on a tripod will take a while.
Before ZN exited this site, I tried to snap a few pictures here. Just amazing to see the intact wall even when there was a fallen tree landed on top of it.
Even moss grows here peacefully.
I wonder why this wall seemed to be built halfway... I guess I will return for more investigation if given another chance.
Anyway, ZN just wanted to end the hike sooner, and since we were near a unique place...
Yes! The rabbit hole!
Oooo, something beautiful caught my attention but it seemed like not what ZN likes.
Hi Rabbit Hole!
I forgot to snap from another side in my previous visit. It looks quite unique to take from another side; like somewhere overseas than locally.
Today's weather was the same as my previous visit. Gloomy... But this big place can be used for some event or anything.
(credit ZN) To snap for me... But he got rather impatient over it... Don't bother to straighten the camera and just snap throughout... I got nearly 10+ unwanted and not-ready pictures in a row... Honestly, can't blame him for being a lousy ugly untoned short model that he has to endure through.
(credit ZN) I told him to take from the side but not the landscape... I guessed that it was enough for him. Thanks for helping.
I set up the camera myself to complete my version of Vitruvian Man but the circle was not perfect... I guess I have to do it again.
Oh, a new grass snake was made. It seemed like there was someone around chilling here. Then I won't take back the brown grass snake, I shall leave it here to let other visitors appreciate the artwork.
Overall, today's discovery was satisfying and I will return here again myself. Perhaps can dress up as Spidey for pictures; long time since never put up my suit.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog