Monday, March 5, 2018

Product - Marvel Legends Infinite Gauntlet Review

Hi Blog,

I have to share this one. Suddenly on Friday late night, after watching news about Marvel Infinity Gems which is my favourite thing since playing Marvel SuperHeroes II and love the concept of it, I keep imagining myself - owning an Infinity Gauntlet. So I searched on Carousell and found a few sellers making some pre-order.

Attracted by my nostalgic and fond over the power of the Infinity Gems, I read some reviews (link) and watched some YouTube reviews (link) about this nicely detailed Infinity Gauntlet by Hasbro (link), I decided to get into this pre-order.

The original price from Hasbro (releasing on 3rd March 2018) was US$99 and if I get it from pre-ordering was S$160. Then I realised on eBay, it sold 3x the original price - US$300+ including shipping (link), so getting from pre-order is the best. But...

The closing date for pre-ordering was a day before... I pm that seller and requested for a slot, (I have never being that desperate for item for a long time) and it was 1am. The seller was kind to reply, saying the pre-order had closed but he will check with his order again. I resigned it to fate.

Next day, I got a positive news that he got someone back off and now here I have it.
Carrying a big box with excitement. :D
Grand opening - insert orchestral music
It is waving at me!
Presenting Legends series - Infinite Gauntlet
"A Mad Titan. Six Infinity Stones that control the multi-verse. One mission to destroy the galaxy, another to save it. A team of heroes ready for the fight. Whoever wields the Infinity Gauntlet wields the fate of the universe! Bring one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel Universe to life! With this premium Infinity Gauntlet Articulated Electronic Fist from the Marvel Legends Series, lift up the power of the Infinity Stones and imagine taking control of the galaxy with the notorious gauntlet worn by the supreme being, Thanos. Inspired by the Avengers: Infinity War movie, this Infinity Gauntlet from the Marvel Legends Series features premium design and styling, as well as intricate detailing on the gauntlet and 6 light-up Infinity Stones. Features pulsating light effects, movie-inspired sounds, and individually articulated finger movement, as well as a fist-lock feature for display."

BOOM! Check out the side box.
The back of the box
One of the most interesting features - articulated fingers
GLOWING GEMS!
Back to the front, let's open up!
A box with a special cut just to protect the fingers.
Here are the level for each fingers - Not everyone can squeeze their palm in, so not ideal, but can't be help.
Check out the size of the Gauntlet!
It is a 1:1 Thanos hand size.
Playing around with the fingers
Insert Epic Tyrant music!
And I have the gauntlet - first thing is to set this universe in order without killing, but to promote spiritual-awareness and peace.
Posing with it before I packed it back in the box.
Here are the names of the gems, which one is your favourite gem? For me, is ALL. :D
Third leg - pun intended.

Time to put in the batteries! 3x AA batteries
NICE! :D I got all the gems! WAHAHAHA! How I wish they can allow us to click the desired gem to light up than all.
Beautiful!
I love how the stones glow in the dark place, as if they are breathing.

Here is one nicely done video review of the gauntlet.


Here is some hidden secret of the gauntlet.

==============================================
I also read that they released one for Infinte Gauntlet - kids version which costs S$39.90 at Toys“R”Us.
Just a fist without movable fingers.
Only the mind gem lighted up with sound but something wrong with the gems colour...
They also have Gauntlet from Hot Toys version. (link)


But the pre-order is S$999, CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though, I love the detail but almost 1k sitting there is a BIG NO NO!

We managed to find the Hot Toys version of Infinity Gauntlet at Orchard road.
To be honest, it looks awesome but the price...
How? Do you like Infinite Gauntlet? Am I wasting money??? Let me know about it.

I found the gauntlet is sold in a shopping mall for S$199!!! If there is 50% discount, maybe I will consider to stock up.

Jeff

2 comments:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog