Thursday, February 22, 2018

Personal - Regretful Purchase

Hi Blog,

Today I was excited to receive my dream item from Japan but it turned out... my most regretful purchase...

Let's unboxed.
I love Japan culture and one thing I love is 'Set'. Anything which comes as a package; set. If you noticed, especially my clothing, I will try to match it. So I love uniform a lot because the top and bottom match each other. Japan has one item which captures my attention since young - their school uniform. NOT THE GIRL'S SAILOR UNIFORM, I am referring to "Gakuran 学ラン"; the type of Japanese school uniform for boys often stand-up collar with long jacket and trousers.

From wikipedia, "The gakuran and sailor-style dress have always been a part of Japan's "growing modern" culture due to it appearing formal and has existed as a concept." Really love the formality of this uniform is, I won't mind wearing this every day; I just want to feel like being a Japanese Student.

When I was young, to purchase such uniform costs a bomb! Even second hand, you can only get from Japan Auction but they don't ship out from their country; so it becomes my MUST-FIND item if I ever visit Japan.

As time goes by, I discovered this service online which able to purchase an item from Japan Auction and have an oversea shipping option - Japamart (link). After reading and searching...

I decided to purchase this item at 2000 yen!
Here is the detail: Direct translated from Google (link)

Product Name: [Unused] male students clothing top and bottom size 142 (7 JP-A) / dragonfly

- jacket shoulder width about 38cm, Length about 59cm, sleeve length about 50cm
- pants waist 33cm, length 85cm, measured in place inseam 63cm
- flat, error per amateur measurement, please understand.
- Although it is an intact article it is a long-term article in custody. Wrinkles fluff, there such as fading and dirt. The completion goods If you are looking for, more nervous, please refrain from the bid. On the check image, please carefully judge.

========================================

Based on my body measurement, this coat size seems to have a good fit, maybe fitting wear but the jacket length fits my body length well. The pants waist seems bigger, (mine is 30inch) and the length is suitable for a shortie like me.

Wow! Starry eyes! The smell of the jacket.
Love this collar! How they did it?
The uniform button is the best thing and can serve as a gift/token to someone you like.
My joy can't last me after I...

Realised the pants can't pass my fat thigh... then... my nightmare startled me! It is size 33 CM************ which is 26 INCH!!! Can I curse now?!
Despair... I can't even fit into that jacket too... PURELY WASTED MONEY! I hope there will be someone will buy this from my hands... (sell on carousell)
I took out the jacket which I bought many years ago, even though it is 170A (basically it is for 170 cm tall guy) I should fit in 165 ~ 168.

I will wish I can wear this for something
I guess I will stick to the closest coloured pants to the jacket (but you can see the different in fabric)
Well... Like I always say "Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst and Embrace the Outcome." It shows a lot in this purchase.

===========================================

(Updated on 25 Feb 2018)
I manged to sell it off to someone at a lower price... I guess it is a best way to get rid of something which I don't fit. Hope that person could wear it well.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog